Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What daypack / hydration pack ?
  • onandon
    Free Member

Hello all.

Looking for a new daypack/ hydration pack for a trip in March.

Small/ medium in size 12/16 litre.
    Lightweight / under 700 grams depending on size.

I don’t actually need the hydration part for this trip, but the bag will be used for riding when back in the uk.

I’m thinking evoc cc16 –

no osprey suggestions – they royally screwed me last year when one of the their bags fell apart after 3 uses.

Thanks

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks, I saw those but not too keen on bags with the side wings. They get too sweaty

BadlyWiredDog

Pretty much every daypack on the market is hydration system compatible these days. I’d suggest an Arc’teryx Chilcotin, but you don’t like side wings.

onandon
    Free Member

Arcteryx is usually my 1st port of all for our doors stuff. None of their current range really fit the bill.

akira

Shimano ones are great and can be picked up cheap.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Of all the hydration packs I’ve owned I am now on my second camelback charge lr. Great as the water sits in the lumber of your back lowering the centre of gravity and also reduces the pack riding up towards your shoulders on steep descents. Back remains a little cooler as the water isn’t covering your whole back.

Also have a bumbag with 1 litre reservoir for summer rides. I take a 750mil water bottle aswell if it’s a long ride. It doesn’t move around and fits snug. It was only £25, can’t remember what it’s called. Will have a look when home if your interested. But that depends if you care about the “bumbag” image.

kristoff
    Free Member

I’m a big lover of evoc packs, they’re not the lightest but the fit and quality are far more important to me.

hammerite
    Free Member

If you have one close, go to a Decathlon store. I’ve had an own brand one for years that can cope with a hydration pack, tools, tubes, a little bit of food and a very light waterproof being stuffed in to it. Cost no more than £20.

They have loads of options. Some bike specific, some hiking type ones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What daypack / hydration pack ?’ is closed to new replies.