Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • what day do the new DH runs at Flegere (Chamonix) open?
  • jhw
    Free Member

I've heard conflicting reports – either 19 June (definitely the day the lifts start) or 1 July (the date given on the Chamonix Bike Park's facebook group).

Cheers!

balfa
    Free Member

No idea I'm afraid. Where are the new trails? Are they under the Index chair or down to town? They could definitely do with some more trails around there. Floria was about the only one around flegere that you could get much speed up on.

Gooner
    Free Member

Tom from Zero G in Cham emailed me this week to say that it opened last saturday although no one from the shop has ridden it yet

we are out there from tuesday next week and will defo be trying it out

tomw_n
    Free Member

Sorry I'm late to this thread. Flegère is open this weekend (saturday) from 9am. The tracks look nice, two trails from Index to the midstation, then one from Flegère down to Les Praz. I walked the lower one with my dog two days ago and here are the pictures.

clicky

If that doesn't work then I put the slideshow up as a story on http://www.zerogchx.com.

The trail looked good but will need a shitload of maintenence to get it and keep it good. Very rocky and rooty even in the berms. And the northshore needs chickenwiring quick!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Tom, got your book – great stuff.

Just wondering if you heve ridden anything under the Midi? Is it worth the slog up there – any info much appreciated
    cheers
    Nick

tomw_n
    Free Member

Glad you liked the book.

Dan Milner Blog

This is a blog post local photog Dan Milner did. The shot's taken under from under the Midi mistation. He was riding with Guillaume, one of the Zero G Chamonix shop guys, that day. Guillaume said the trail was rocky and tech up high, but very fast and smooth lower down. Naturally immense vertical. And sparse on brakebumps.

Worth the slog; well, it's a long way. But if you're jonesing and the lifts are shut, well, why not?

freeridenick
    Free Member

cheers for the info.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘what day do the new DH runs at Flegere (Chamonix) open?’ is closed to new replies.