Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What cycling jacket – recommendations please
  • cupra
    Free Member

Need something that I can use to cycle in to work but then also wear out and about to some clients that isn't day-glo yellow or obviously too cycling focussed. Also needs to be waterproof and breathable. Any ideas?
    Many thanks.

LeeW

Rapha soft shell if you don't mind spending a fair bit of hard earned on it.

Philby

Shutt do similar stuff to Rapha.

z1ppy

Solid performing jacket made of eVent (only black in stock now), I have the previous Gill labelled one and it's a great jacket, not sure how you'd interprete the 'cut' though

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_Wickham_eVENT_Waterproof_Cycling_Jacket/5360037016/

roger_mellie

Another vote for the dhb event/ wickham jacket. Waterproof, light and very breathable but doesn't cost a fortune. Lacks pockets though, if thats important to you.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I find most 'cycling' stuff to be awful aesthetically, and overpriced. Why not have a look around for something 'non-cyclig', yet suitable? Plenty more options that way.

I've got my eye on a nice little lightweight jacket in Decathlon:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/forclaz-900-67849971/

Not waterproof, but certainly showerproof, windproof and warm for those chilly spring and summer evenings. £40. Bargain. I've got the heavier version, and it's been superb all winter. That was only £45. 'Cycling' equivalents/posh brands were double that and more, and no better.

MrSmith
    Free Member

surface clothing (aka charge bikes) aquaphobic jacket

MrSalmon
    Free Member

surface clothing (aka charge bikes) aquaphobic jacket

Beat me to it! It's not waterproof but that's not necessarily really what you want anyway if you want any meaningful breathability.

MrSmith
    Free Member

it is waterproof isn't it?
    saying that i haven't worn mine in a downpour but water does bead up and roll off the fabric.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What cycling jacket – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.