Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What cycling clubs in Glasgow?
  • mountainchub
    Free Member

Hi folks was just wandering what cycling clubs there were in Glasgow? I’ve ridden with the good folks at Lanarkshire MTB Club over at Chatelherault (a really top bunch) but was wandering what else Is out there that does some road stuff too? 😀

Cheers all
    Dan

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Glasgow mountain bike club are the main mtb one but there is alot more choice of road clubs so it really depends what sort of area you’d want to ride from and whether you want to do some racing etc. i dont know any club that has a regular mix of road rides and mtb rides but within the clubs there will usually be people interested so you’d probably be able to find someone to ride with as part of a smaller sub group outwith the main rides of the week

For something a bit less formal than a proper club there are a couple of groups on meetup, one for mtb and one for road

mountainchub
    Free Member

Thanks Omar, I hadn’t seen MeetUp before? Will check it out,

Cheers

BoardinBob

http://www.meetup.com/mountainbikeglasgow

We’re a pretty informal bunch.

iainc

GMBC

we ride out of Milngavie, mtb, some road stuff, club hall, jetwash, tea and cakes !!!

mountainchub
    Free Member

Awesome thanks guys! I love riding, tea and cake; and Milngavie is only a few miles from Bishopbriggs! Cheers again folks I’ll bung you an email and see when you’re all next heading out 🙂

iainc

mountain chub,

club rides go from St Andrews hall (map on website) – tue 7pm, wed 745pm, often a sunday local 9am. various away rides sat/sun. road ride thu from spring through summer. Come along and see how you like it, and is you wanna join after a few rides even better. 😀

Cheers

Iain

mountainchub
    Free Member

Will do Iain thanks for the invite! Better get my lights charged and I’ll give you kind folks a holler for next weeks rides!

Cheers
    Dan

pistola
    Free Member

I used to ride over to GMBC Wednesday evening rides in the spring, summer and autumn but I just moved away from Bishopbriggs in November… You been in Bish long?

mountainchub
    Free Member

Lol yep up beside auchinairn road for 4 years now! Funny how you find these things out when you move away!

It’s kind of like the two or three guys I’ve seen riding past me in the car a few times but I’ve never managed to get the window down and stop the car fast enough to speak – and i’d look crazy running after them shouting lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What cycling clubs in Glasgow?’ is closed to new replies.