Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What custom rom are you using on your HTC desire and why?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

As above – thinking again about rooting as my phone nears the end of its contract

damitamit
    Free Member

Oxygen. Because its FAST

rob-jackson
    Free Member

gingerbread 2.3? any issues?

bazzer
    Free Member

Anyone running a custom ROM on their desire HD if so which one and why ?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Oxygen with sense partition table, speed and space.

mogrim

Slight hijack: anyone rooted + rommed a Galaxy Tab 7?

thebunk

Excellent timing – also interested in this, though am a total “noob”. What are the main contenders?

Are there many differences in features (other than visual)?

Looks like there is an ICS rom for the Desire – but I don’t know enough to understand whether it will be ready for mainstream use in the next couple of weeks, or if they are months away from getting it right – anyone tried it?

orena45

Tried Oxygen, Gingervillain and CyanogenMod 7 and all were good much faster than the stock HTC Sense Rom, but they were never stable enough on my phone and kept crashing all the time. I now use LeeDriod Sense rom which is very stable.

Have been keeping an eye on the ICS rom for the last couple of weeks but it’s still early and as they haven’t got the camera working yet. I’m waiting til that’s sorted and it’s stable, then I might give it a go!

greeble
    Free Member

I’m using Galnet MIUI stable ICS for my desire hd.

Kev79
    Free Member

I used to use LeeDriod, however for the past 6 months used MIUI very stable etc although kind of miss the HTC Sense fluffy stuff.

Currently trying to decide whether to stick with MIUI or try CyanogenMod 7 with a new phone I’ve just got to replace the Desire.

Cougar

I used, uh, RCMix I think, back when I had my Desire. I wanted a Sense ROM with App2SD+ and no nonsense, and it ticked all the boxes.

I tried InsertCoin before it, and whilst that was ok the custom boot etc screens looked like they’d been designed by someone who was a throwback from the 16-bit demo scene.

verses

Using Cyanogen 7.1 on my HTC Desire.

Main reason for ‘romming’ was I got sick of the phone permanently running low on free space.

Chose Cyanogen as it seems very well supported.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What custom rom are you using on your HTC desire and why?’ is closed to new replies.