Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • what cordless drill?
  • petefromearth

about as dull as topics get, sorry!

my cheapo B&Q drill has finally packed in so it's time to get something a bit better quality. will probably spend about £100 (£150 at a push)

any recommendations?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Screwfix mate, always have good offers on. They're doing a cheap Dewalt at the mo for 99 quid.

Curly68
    Free Member

Makita are a very popular drill on site, especially the lithium ion ones. Thought these are out of your price range. I use DeWalt stuff and have never had a problem with any of them.
    As said above Screwfix have some really good deals on. Would be your best bet.

nbt

Most builders I know use Makita.

here you go
    http://lyxus.net/chzw

petefromearth

cheers chaps

that dewalt looks like a good buy!

petrieboy

i got a makita 18v drill with 3 nicads for abut £90 from screwfix. charges quickly, powerful and coped with a more or less continuous duty cycle when i built my decking and pergola this summer. well recommended.

slackman99
    Free Member

Depends how often you use it. I wouldn't buy Dewalt myself as they don't seem that nice quality wise

Milwaukee or Hilti are both expensive but if you're using it a lot then you'll see where the extra money has gone. That said, Makita are nice. Metabo also do some very nice kit, but again, expensive.

Bang on budget

More expensive, but no hammer setting, but a li-ion battery

petefromearth
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘what cordless drill?’ is closed to new replies.