• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by P20.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What commuting jacket?
  • ratherbeintobago

Altura seem to have stopped doing the Night Vision Windproof.

Any other recommendations?

daern
    Free Member

Honestly, I adore my Endura Stealth II. Warm, waterproof, comfy and not too expensive (well, it was when I got mine for £70!)

The only thing it really has going against it is that it’s not got much reflective stuff on it, so for winter use you’d want to pair it with a high-vis strap so you don’t get flattened on the first dark night.

Only a few sizes available around the place now, but you might get what you want.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

If you’re not going too far (just across town etc) I’d get a Sugoi Zap or a Proviz whatitsface

Those reflective ones are incredible in a “making sure people don’t run you over” way

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Used a PX Hydrosphere until ~March, then reverted to my donkeys old (and these days non-waterproof) Endura Convert in gillet form, recently bought http://www.merlincycles.com/altura-peloton-transformer-windproof-cycling-jacket-101689.html as something to hopefully cover 3-seasons with the option of having my Endura Pakajak stowed in a rear pocket for any rain.

ratherbeintobago

The only thing it really has going against it is that it’s not got much reflective stuff on it, so for winter use you’d want to pair it with a high-vis strap so you don’t get flattened on the first dark night.

That’s the nice thing about the Night Vision gear (though with hindsight I should’ve gone for red rather than fluo yellow)

P20

I’m considering the night vision, but my commute is short. I’ve got other Altura waterproofs and they’ve been brilliant. Nice and breathable in my experience

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What commuting jacket?’ is closed to new replies.