Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What colour should I powder coat my new pub bike?
  • Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Dry fitted all the (new but cheapish) bits to my new pub bike today, pretty happy with how it is coming on……

The V12's will be going soon.

My original plan was to get it powder coated some shade of gray, and maybe have some orange decals made up, then finish it off with black saddle and grips. Now I'm not so sure. Anyone got any ideas/inspiration?

singlespeedstu

Pub bikes should be black.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pub bike = cheap diy respray, if anything. That's new is it not?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I like. Where did you get the frame from.? I am looking at ebay at the moment for a similar project.

I like the red. Or "that blue"/baby blue.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

for camouflage purposes you want it to look tatty not nice

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Nice shade of Rust?

You are kind of going against pub bike logic here.

Badger
    Free Member

A nice pale ale golden brown colour.

Then the decals should be semitransparent white bubbles that get more dense the closer they get to the top tube.

White saddle and white bars…. litterally a pint on wheels!

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

ah, right, so I missed the point of pub bike, think more cruise down for Sunday lunch and a couple of beers in the sunshine than leaving it locked outside a dark pub until all hours at night….

Neils-on-wheels, I live in Perth, Australia and frames like this are everywhere, this one was $5 from the recycling bit attached to the council tip.

kiwijohn

Just leave it as is. It'll end up in the Swan river soon enough.

clareymorris

Beer colour.

ken_shields
    Free Member

For proper pub bike paintwork leave it in one bit and brush paint the whole bike with black hammerite

personally i'd leave it as it is

Dudie
    Free Member

Strip the paint off then give it a couple of coats of clear lacquer. Looks nice in red though.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Shocking pink, that combined with the drops should make it less appealing to scrotes.

zorrofox
    Free Member

White. As in "My White Bicycle", the song. Apologies to anyone who's not in their forties (which may well be everyone but me, lol).

edhornby

because you have a bit of an oldschool vibe about it… how about a cream colour and tan saddle and bartape, brown decals as well?

or if you want something darker, how about british racing green and white bartape and saddle

mendip
    Free Member

For a pub bike where it's more likely to get nicked, I would have it done in pretty pink because chav's and theiving scum's wouldnt see dead riding on a pretty pink bike, it will clashed their sad image.

So go for PINK!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What colour should I powder coat my new pub bike?’ is closed to new replies.