Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What colour finishing touches…
  • ttf
    Free Member

to my new Whyte?

That’s how it looks – not great pictures, I know. Yes the hoses need shortening and yes I know one’s braided and one’s not but that’s all soon to be rectified.

Anyway – after some advice on nice little anodised finishing touches… Seat clamp collars, headset spacers, rear Qr, top cap, rotor bolts, piston inserts…. that sort of stuff. I was originally thinking red? But now i’ve changed my mind again.

Also – if anyone has any ideas on just general stuff to neaten her up a bit… be my guest! I’m going to get a (slightly longer) thomson stem to match the post but not sure aside from that. Nice to have an external set of eyes on it.

Cheers

campfreddie
    Free Member

personally, i would bother on that bike… it’s bang on as it is.

the only colour that might work is dark green… red would be brash, as would blue and gold works better on black.

Mugboo

Less is more

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neninja
    Free Member

As above it looks great as it is.

I saw a Lapierre Zesty the other day that looked like someone had thrown every red anodised item in the parts bin onto it. I thought it must have been the owner but they actually sell them like that.

pitduck
    Free Member

leave it,it`s lovely 😉

skywalker
    Free Member

It looks fine the way it is

ttf
    Free Member

Well thanks guys! Wasn’t expecting such nice responses if in honest…
    I’m not mad about the graphics on the frame, don’t think it suits a skinny tubed steel frame, so I may well have it powdercoated in a nice pastel colour in the near future.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

nodrog2
    Free Member

Looks good as it is. Keep it clean and simple. NO red or gold, always looks tacky in my opinion.

Mugboo

A few subtle red touched on a black bike defo make it faster 🙂

honourablegeorge

Having gone down the red anodised route in the past, I’d say “get the black ones”. All that colour matching stuff just looks gash.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Green & brown if you must have coloured trinkets.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What colour finishing touches…’ is closed to new replies.