Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What clipless pedals for SS
  • Bimbler
    Free Member

So my old Shimano copy Powerplay pedals have had it, what should I replace them with, trad SPDs or something with more of a platform. Any opinions? Want to stick with Shimano for fleet compatibility but maybe something with a bigger platform may be easier on the balls of my feet?

snakebite
    Free Member

clipless might be a bit sort of modern for ss? How about toeclips or powerstraps?

firestarter
    Free Member

Wow that’s niche special singlespeed pedals 😉

flashes
    Free Member

V8’s V12’s for best……….

Sam

Probably the same ones as for a geared bike – I like Shimano.

tollah
    Free Member

^wot Sam said, but, I like eggbeaters

rootes1

Same as for any other bike…. why would you need anything special or different? Si

oxym0r0n

Probably the same ones as for a geared bike – I like Shimano.

+1

rp16v
    Free Member

i have the resin version of these and there great
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-m545-free-ride-pedals/

Bimbler
    Free Member

The only reason I ask is the first few xc rides I did while a new SS’er I had a pain in the balls of my feet due to the sheer amount of cranking you have to do compared to geared bikes, but thinking about it my feet must have MTFU as I haven’t felt it recently. Thanks all.

Surprised that some still regard SS as niche? Although as a new convert to the fold I would argue with anyone that a rigid SS 29er is probably THE perfect bike for my local trails in Hertfordshire and probably for much of southern England.

snakebite
    Free Member

No such thing as a perfect bike, or we would all be riding Raliegh Choppers…

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Rigid 26″ is the new SS niche as all the freaks (tall people) now ride 29ers. Mr Wonka said we are just lucky to be the small people 8)

Olly
    Free Member

M520s on all bikes

cheap
    bombproof

rootes1

The only reason I ask is the first few xc rides I did while a new SS’er I had a pain in the balls of my feet due to the sheer amount of cranking you have to do compared to geared bikes, but thinking about it my feet must have MTFU as I haven’t felt it recently. Thanks all.

get some better shoes, or as a stop gap, put extra insoles in (those cheap odour eater things in boots are ideal to go under your shoes existing insoles).

TheFopster
    Free Member

+1 for M520s. Under 20 quid and do the job every time. If you wish to shed a few grammes, save the exorbitant expense of the top of range models and simply empty the loose change from your pockets before you ride. Simples.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

520s here too. In white 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What clipless pedals for SS’ is closed to new replies.