Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What child trailer
  • BurnBob
    Free Member

Looking to get a trailer thing to tow my 1 year old around in. Just forest tracks etc. don’t know anything about them but not wanting to spend a fortune. Would be good if it did her a few years. Looking for recommendations or if you are looking to get rid of one.

garage-dweller

Skipped the trailer and went for rack mounted seat. They can see a lot more from up there.

No help on the trailers as a result just what we did with our one year olds.

kimbers

got a croozer 2 child trailer, got ours on ebay still reasonably pricey but excellent bit of kit very comfy,weatherproof, tough, the storage on it is awesome, great for picnics, shopping, trips to the beach etc

at swinley this weekend

sorry not for sale!

Garry_Lager

Croozer’s are v good, defo wouldn’t look past them but you could get something nearly as good for less money. Ebay is full of trailers but the better ones hold their value. I have the double croozer one like kimbers – they’re hefty though. Ideal for cycling from the doorstep – need a roof rack to strap it to if you need to drive to the trails. Also do sterling service on the school / nursery run if required.

I am thinking of selling ours on but ideally will try and swap it for a single – eldest is now cycling to school on his own bike. Prefer to just plonk the littlest in the bike seat most days.

BurnBob
    Free Member

On second thoughts, maybe a seat might be more suitable. Any reccomendations for decent seats. It would need to fit onto a full suss which might be an issue?

spacemonkey

+1 Croozer. Great piece of kit. One thing you’ll need to figure out (as with most/all trailers) is how to support this child’s head particularly when they drift off to sleep. Have tried various things including towels, cushions and neck pillows but none look properly comfortable. Thankfully SM jnr is now that bit older and more keen on remaining awake.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Get a seat that fits onto the down tube … kiddie sits between your arms… IMHO Burnbob jnr is more secure there than out the back and it’s great for interacting with them.

Just make sure the clamp is large enough to fit the width of your down tube…. If your bike is carbon you may struggle.

I’ve also got a Halford trailer and it would recommend it about £100 couple of years ago … bomb proof, folds up/down really easy (can take wheels off quick), fits onto your bike quick…. but and there’s always a but … its a bit heavy but not stupidly so

joemarshall
    Free Member

We have a croozer here too. Great for when you want to carry all the toddler junk with you. At various times (not all at once!) ours has been used for loads of different things, like getting the balance bike to the bmx track, picking up a trolley load of shopping, giving a lift to one of her toddler friends, taking picnic stuff to the woods, going to fly the kite, taking all the gear for us to camp with, going swimming, picking up parcels from the sorting office. It is comfortable for her to sleep in, warm enough in the coldest bits of winter and shady in the summer. We’ve done 40 mile plus rides with it, two day rides, all sorts of things, it has had tons of use.

As well as being fun, it is a very practical piece of kit, I use the bike as the main form of transport when I’m looking after Rose, if I’m popping into town, dropping her off at playgroup, going to swimming etc.

The funniest thing is when she and her friend are in there, I took them swimming last week, about 3 miles or so, and the two of them were gossiping at full volume non stop, like a pair of little old ladies all about what they were going to do at swimming, every so often shouting out to me to check things – “we going to swimming daddy? You sure this the right way daddy?” etc. Oh and speed bumps, hitting speed bumps at 20mph is apparently the funniest most exciting game in the world.

DrP

Another Croozer owner…

Cousins together here!

I use mine several times a week, it’s been in the pouring rain to beating sun, and am taking it on a little camping trip with the lad this weekend too!
    I often have his isla bike strapped to the back, so he can ride the trailer to the prom, then cycle his bike along it!

Having taken my usual approach of researching things to the hilt, I found there really is a difference in build and seating quality in the cheaper brands, compared to the expensive ones.
    The croozer has individual ‘bucket’ type seats – they really support the kid, and stop them sliding into one another.
    The cheaper ones I looked at were simply a ‘bench’ type arrangement – kids could slide around.

Have a look at some different ones in person, and see if you feel the cheaper ones are ‘worth it’ compared to the expensive ones?

DrP

mugsys_m8

Got a Chariot Cougar single off here 4 years ago for £200. Still in use. Done 3 touring camping holidays and numerous jaunts. Will be sold for the same when we’re done with it in no more than a year.

A 2nd hand Chariot, Croozer etc will be much better in use and investmnet rather than a new cheapy.

simonm
    Free Member

I’m selling a Chariot Cabriolet, double (Just in case !! – we filled it) email me if you would like pics. Its in great condition, light, easy to collapse etc.
    I also have varios baby / toddler additions for it. A Baby cradle which I think was up to 1 year old, then a toddler cussion to support them from 6months to 2 years. Very handy add ons to the basic trailer if your thinking of riding with them when they are young.

Cheers.

mrchrispy

I have a croozer 535 that’s going in eBay as soon as I’ve cleaned it and took some photos.
    It’s showing signs of wear and tear but it’s a solid bit of kit and perfectly functional.
    South Manchester if anyone is interested.

noodlefighter
    Free Member

Hi sorry to jump in on this post but if the OP is not interested in the trailer offers, I’m looking for a chariot or croozer trailer. I posted in the wanted section last week. Can you email the details of the trailers to juniperberijeni at gmail.com thanking you very muchly

simonm
    Free Member

My is now posted here

natrix
    Free Member

Get a seat that fits onto the down tube … kiddie sits between your arms… IMHO Burnbob jnr is more secure there than out the back and it’s great for interacting with them.

This really is a matter of preference. I had a Weeride Kangaroo and my knees kept hitting the seat, really could not get on with it. Now have a Hamax where child sits behind you, far, far better IMHO.

I’ve also got a Halford trailer and it would recommend it about

I’ve got a Halfords double trailer and would also heartily recomend them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What child trailer’ is closed to new replies.