Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What (cheap) wireless router
  • chrissyboy
    Free Member

Hi all

My old BT router has just gone ‘phut’ after 7 years. What should I be replacing it with? Not looking for anything complicated, just install & forget. 3 * laptops, Wii, PS3 connected to it if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

CB.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve used many netgear dg834 routers and theyve all been great.

wwaswas
    Cougar

£20 posted?

Tear his arm off.

afrothunder88

I’ve got one of these you can have for £15. Only stopped using it cause I switched to Be and they included a router.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Consider it torn off, pm about to be sent, cheers, CB.

wwaswas

mailed you some pics etc chris.

spacemonkey

£20 posted?

I hope you have better luck that I do with mine. Complete POS – have had to reboot it once/twice a day every day since it turned 4 months old. Sometimes have to reboot it 3-4 times in quick succession just to get the cable connection up, let alone wireless.

Most owners seem perfectly happy with them though – so methinks mine is just a dud.

EDIT: connection disappears for all devices in the house (Android, iPhone, Mac, PC, laptops etc)

IA

On a related note, anyone recommend something with wireless N (ideally 300Mbps + version) and gigabit wired ports?

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Received as described – top service – thanks v much Wwaswas!

Cheers,

Chris.

Cougar

I hope you have better luck that I do with mine. Complete POS – have had to reboot it once/twice a day

You need to update the firmware, it stops it doing that. If it doesn’t, it’s broken.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I had endless problems with wireless, eventually I gave in & got the house cabled up with Cat5e wiring, point to point in 3 different rooms for about £150.

no more dropouts here 🙂

richcc
    Free Member

IA. I’ve just bought a Draytek 2710n. Don’t think it’s gigabit switch but a great bit of kit if they do a giga version

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What (cheap) wireless router’ is closed to new replies.