Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what cheap tyre for a turbo trainer?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Yes I know they are hateful machines but I’ll ask anyway.

What’s a half decent tyre for use with a turbo trainer? any old cheap slick?

Cheers

BoardinBob

any turbo tyre for ~£15

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve always just used old ones from the bike. I only use it through a few monhts of winter a few hours a week and never worn one out.

You could buy any old slick but the special design ones are supposed to be quieter if you are already spending money.

Wally

2nd buy a turbo tyre, so much quieter.

Kryton57

What jonba said. I use Lithion 2s on the winter / turbo bike, £9 each and they done 2 years of bike/turbo.

lunge

Halfords turbo tyre is £10, I use that. But previously, any old slick I had was OK too.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Any old cheap/worn tyre you have lying around. I’ve used part worn krylion carbons and rubinos with no problem at all. Don’t see the sense in spending money on a special tyre when there’s enough oem/worn/cut tyres in the garage to do 10,000 turbo miles

molgrips
    Free Member

Turbo tyre, from on-one.

Northwind

I had a turbo tyre (on a loan), went back to my worn out slicks off the commuter after a while, the standard slick was quieter… But if you don’t already have a suitable tyre then a cheap turbo tyre could make sense.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what cheap tyre for a turbo trainer?’ is closed to new replies.