Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what cheap road bike for my trainer for £160
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

What should I be looking for as I know nothing about road bikes? Also I’m 5’11 ish so what size should I be looking at? Cheers.

stanfree
    Free Member

For £160 you’ll get very little but as It’s for a turbo does It really matter. ?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Even the cheapest Apollo at halfords is £199. I’d trawl the classifieds or ebay with that budget.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Do Viking do anything for £160? I imagine it would be pretty horrible even just for the turbo!

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Check if the trainer can handle a 26″ wheel – I use an old MTB frame and wheelset which isn’t ideal but was ‘free’ as i had the bits knocking around.

£160 isn’t going to get you much – I’ve seen very basic Vikings new on ebay for about that price iirc.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks guys I’m finding a few carrera tdf and zelos and tribans which will do its just the sizing issue now.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Asda do a road bike for £110.

But you are better buying 2nd hand

TiRed

Used Triban 3 – red one. May be slightly over budget because they were such good value. So good you may even take it onto the road.

Since you are looking used, go for a 54 and swap to a 120 mm stem or 56 and a 100 stem. Both will fit.

And take it on the road – it’s a slippery slope 😉

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks TiRed much appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what cheap road bike for my trainer for £160’ is closed to new replies.