Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What cheap road bike?
  • Clink

Looking a cheapish roadbike for some training miles. I’ve heard good things about the Giant Defy models. Looking at £500-£600 possibly on bike-to-work scheme. Ability to fit guards, if only race guards, would be good.

Any suggestions?

avalanche
    Free Member

Decathlon usually have good value for money bikes. Might be worth a look.

Clink

Cheers guys – should have said as probably local gov cyclescheme so local retailers only – which means main brands only 🙁

TheFopster
    Free Member

I’ve got a Spesh Allez double. Was in the sales couple of years ago under £500 and seems pretty decent for the money – very fast compared to MTB of course but don’t believe any nonsense about “the carbon forks do a great job of filtering out road imperfections to give a smooth ride” that you’ll read in the reviews. All cheap road bikes make you feel like you are being shot peened. Any of the big names at a cheap price should be much of a muchness – shop around and brace yourself.
    😯

doubledunter
    Free Member

Wiggle are doing the Giant Defy 4 for £370 (22%off) Ok not great components but I’ve had no complaints about the bike, Im not a “roadie” but I wanted a bike to go for a ride now and again and this fits the bill ..
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bike-sale/

HTTP404
    Free Member

Cheers guys – should have said as probably local gov cyclescheme so local retailers only – which means main brands only

I got my Ribble at the tail end of last year through the local govt cycling scheme. So would have thought you could do likewise.

smiffkin

I’ve just bought a base model Specialized Secteur, £600. Very nice for the money.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What cheap road bike?’ is closed to new replies.