Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What cheap-ish phone has a good camera?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The reason for asking is that I have a decent spotting scope & have just bought a universal phone mount for £69, after a demo on the same scope & my 2nd gen Motorola, at In Focus. The results were surprisingly good (no awards but decent enough for ID purposes) The alternatives were to buy a Swarovski mount for the DSLR at around £250-300 or change to a compact that’s suitable (from my Canon SX610HS)

Any ideas?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Used iphone 5s? I have a 5 and ProCamera app which opens up better low-light photography than the default gubbins.

Some friends of mine just signed a £20 a month contract with 3 and get a 5s included. Seems like a good deal to me? But why not just buy a decent cheap old digi compact which will probably be oodles better for astrophotography?

Cougar

Assuming the 5S is a good recommendation (I don’t know much about specific iPhone models but iPhone cameras always seemed impressive), Cex are kicking them out for £130.

A two year contract at £20/month is cost-effective if you’re paying a £15/month talk plan. If you just want the handset then that’s almost £500.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Thanks M.R. & Cougar but I should have said that It’s only for use on the spotting scope (terrestrial) & I don’t need it for anything else, my ancient Motorola does all my PAYG stuff but there must be better cameras around on phones without paying much.

I pay less than £10 a month PAYG BTW.

jambourgie
    Free Member

If you want really cheap, then a sony ericsson C902/C905. I got some cracking photos with that trusty old steed. You’re looking at £10 – £30 on ebay.

Otherwise, yeah, iPhone 5S.

Edit: I have two C902’s sitting in a cupboard. You’re welcome to one for the postage.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cheers jambourgie, I’ve sent you a PM.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What cheap-ish phone has a good camera?’ is closed to new replies.