Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What cheap android phone?
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Is the San Fran now outdated if i pick one of those up?
    Any ideas? Needs to be on o2 or unlocked.

Anyone got anything in VGC?

higgo
    Free Member
    Cougar

Orange Monte Carlo, last I looked.

Or, there must be plenty of 2H deals to be had.

MikeG

+1 for the monte carlo, bit harder to unlock than the san fran was but i still managed to do it in less than half an hour. Camera is still a bit rubbish but better imo than the san fran one. If you get one buy a case for it cos the plastic is shiny and there is no grip at all. I found a ‘s-line’ one on ebay for less than £3 delivered thats excellent.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Theyre not cheap tho…

scaredypants

wysiwyg – Member
    Theyre not cheap tho…

Idiots – After you’d gone to all that trouble, defining “cheap” for us
    (somebody got a MC for about 75 quid recently using quidco etc – bargin IMO)

MikeG

£120 for a 4.3″ screen android handset which can be unlocked for free and has several custom roms available is cheap.

You can get mobile phones for a tenner, but not android ones, which the op asked about.

Cougar

It’s a hundred and twenty quid. Sure, it’s “not cheap” if you’re comparing it to the price of a box of tissues, but for a fully featured smartphone it’s a steal.

Far as I can tell, the MC and the SF2 / Vivacity are the same spec, only the MC has a bigger screen and a forward-facing camera (and has a CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich) ROM available for it).

midlifecrashes

Three will unlock their PAYG phones for a fee. They are selling the Samsung Galaxy Mini for £70, in black or very posh looking white. I have one wrapped for my daughter for Christmas.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Got an HTC Desire on Flea-Bay at the minute, 99p at the mo – I’m guessing it will go for somewhere around the £90 mark.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180770686588?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Gowrie
    Free Member

Some cheap Acer Liquids on Expansys.com at the moment as well.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Sorry i was looking at old mk1 san fran prices so upto £70 second hand?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What cheap android phone?’ is closed to new replies.