Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What chaintug for Alfine?
  • tonyd

Morning all.

I run an Alfine on my commuter and have to re-tension the chain quite often, every couple of weeks (~150-200 miles). I thought I might try a chain tug so bought one from On-One however it doesn’t appear to be compatible with Alfine because of the anti-turn washers.

Has anyone used a chaintug with an Alfine, and if so which? I looked at the Surly Tuggnut but that looks like it might have the same problem.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

shermer75
    Free Member

I use these after having the same problem as you. However I’ve found that only slows the ‘wheel creep’ down, rather than get rid of it completely. I think the problem comes from the fact that the anti’tutn washers mean the bolts don’t have a full thread, so it’s easy to strip the nuts before you can tighten them adequately

shermer75
    Free Member

PS have you tried mounting the On-One chaintug between the drop out and the hub? That might work…

drofluf
    Free Member

I filed out the chaintug to make a notch for the anti rotation nut

tonyd

Those do look interesting shermer – are they just standard bolts? Could they be replaced by something a bit longer? Looks like they might be machined in some way.

How do you mean, between the dropout and the hub? You mean at the closed (front) end?

drofluf – yep I think I may have to take the file to it…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What chaintug for Alfine?’ is closed to new replies.