Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What chainstay protector for an orange 5?
  • drifting_james
    Free Member

As per title really – I think I have CRC blindness – have been looking at the website for too long.

Any recommendations for a good quality one?

Thanks in advance for any pointers
    J

Junkyard
    Free Member

the swing arm is so far out the way you dont need one

SeanOrange
    Free Member

I used a Lizard Skins XL.

coatesy
    Free Member

I’m using an Endura model, cut in two so I have one on each side(Junkyard- it’s for heel rub, not chainslap).

Junkyard
    Free Member

never had an issue with that – goes to clear mud off and check
    Is that a common problem as I am now worried

adam1330
    Free Member

Never had a problem on mine, either with the chain or heel rub.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

heel rub is only an issue if you ride “duck feet” (ie. heels in) which I do, all my bikes have heli tape on seat and chain stays to stop heel rub.

I’ve used a a neatly wrapped section of cut up innertube on my alpine 160 as I wasnt sure whether the swing arm (alpine also has the extra lower brace) was in fact too high to avoid chain slap or not and thought I’d err on the side of caution (and most google images show 5’s and alpines with some form of protector).

coatesy
    Free Member

Definitely got the “duck feet”, occasional “quacks” also known to emanate from the rear too.

carbon337
    Free Member

i didnt bother – the 2011 graphics are only 10 quid every year or so when they get tatty.

On the underside I got a bath seal (those 90deg) rubber seals you put round the bath. Cut it down the middle and put a small line under swingarm and on lower inner edge.

gamo
    Free Member

Put a Leynze lge on mine.

Rickos
    Free Member

Bit of the furry side of velcro under the stay just to keep the noise down.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What chainstay protector for an orange 5?’ is closed to new replies.