Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • what chainrings?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got a RaceFace Turbine LP chainset that needs new rings. The middleburn slickshift hardcoat didn’t seem to work too well. What else is worth looking at (prefereably from CRC or at a push, Wiggle)? I’ve had the Blackspire on previously and they were okay but the middle seems to wear quickly. Obviosuly, they started out with RF rings which also did the job.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone using TA chainrings? What are they like now?

I used to use them before front shifting got all high tech and they seemed to work well. Are they still worth paying that bit extra for?

petrieboy

TA’s on my HT here, very slick on a SRAM chain and seem to be wearing well so far. dont remember paying an excessive premium for them either

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve tried a lot of different chainrings (40,000miles worth) & Blackspire pro’s have consistantly outlasted all others on a 24 or 27 speed set up, but Middleburn DH rings are best on an SS/gear hub set up.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Also wondered if it was worth looking at the Posh Bike titanium rings although I’ve heard it can be a bit of a pain to get the spacing right because they’re thinner than a normal ring.

nickc

TA “Chinook” used here, was very impressed, light shifted well, lasted pretty well too

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Never used TA on the mtb but they last well on the roadie. I’m on Middleburn hardcoat on the mtb and they last pretty well IME.

Onzadog
    Free Member

TA seem to be taking the lead. Anyone used those titanium ones from Posh Bikes? They don’t really seem to cos much more than decent alloy ones.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘what chainrings?’ is closed to new replies.