Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What chainring for 1×10?
  • ratherbeintobago

Hope? Renthal? Middleburn MONO (assuming anyone actually has them in stock)? Other?

Andy

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m going renthal 32 tooth, as my local riding is pretty steep. Just waiting on the frame to fit it to!.

honourablegeorge

Renthal very good

Gamut rings come up on EBay a lot, they’re the same durable finish as Renthal, just as light, and are often a lot cheaper, definitely recommend them, there’s one on my DH bike, was also on the previous DH bike, and it looks brand new.

strike
    Free Member

Take a look at Works Components new stepped chainrings – the teeth alternate in thickness like a SRAM XX1 chainring, so hold on to the chain. Coupled with a clutch-type rear mech, you won’t have to run a chain guide if you’re just doing normal riding.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

The Hope IBR’s are a thing of beauty ^^

Not cheap though…

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

e13 Race Ring here 32T comes in nice colours too (ive got black :))

svalgis
    Free Member

Works!

chiefgrooveguru

Had a Hope 32t, only lasted as long as my cassette. Have now gone heavy and hopefully very long life with an On-One stainless steel 33t.

I’d like to hear how good the stepped XX1 style chainrings are in practice – I can’t see one managing to hold the chain on when I do a failed bunnyhop at speed over a log and the rear wheel hits it very hard on my hardtail!

I’d only run the Hope IBR if someone else was paying for it…

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Renthal 35t here, looks bloody lovely, and that’s the important bit, right?!

honourablegeorge

tomcanbefound – Member

The Hope IBR’s are a thing of beauty ^^

Not cheap though…

And they’re a really crap idea.

njee20
    Free Member

I can’t see one managing to hold the chain on when I do a failed bunnyhop at speed over a log and the rear wheel hits it very hard on my hardtail!

Not gonna be any worse than the other suggestions though… It’s certainly where my money would go if buying now.

Northwind

I’ve got a Works on the way, not expecting it to replace my chainguide but to complement it. Bargain if it works.

Other’n that I’ve used Middleburn, E13, Hope and Renthal and all seem much the same as each other. I know renthal’s hard ano works on motorbikes- they last about 3 times longer than normal alu rings- but who knows for pushbikes.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Just received mine in the post today. Close up pics of the alternating teeth…

Really rather nice for £30! Now to see if it works…

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Mounted in big ring position?

zigzag69
    Free Member

Yup (well more like bashguard I suppose), will probably have to slip it behind the arms if chainline looks bad.

shieldsmtb
    Free Member

32 tooth hope ibr

grtdkad

I have a Middleburn UNO here 32t with an 11/36 cassette and CSIXX chain device.
    All works well.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What chainring for 1×10?’ is closed to new replies.