Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • what chain device? commencal supreme **Help please**
  • finners

I’m having a nightmare. The e13 guide I have doesn’t fit correctly. The bolts from the top chainguide foul the pivot bolt. Does anyone have one / know what chain device to use? It’s a supreme Dh 08. There appear to be a threaded hole on the arm, does this frame need a specific guide? Apologies for any daft questions, its my first delve into chain guides and downhill bikng. Cheers

kayak23

Have a look at this pinkbike Thread.

There are a few more if you Google ‘chain device commencal supreme dh 2008’

100mphplus
    Free Member

You need the newer LG1+ E13 guide as the bolts are flush with the back of the top guide on that. There’s a similar MRP one too but I can’t remember what type.

I had the same problem when I got my new frame in 08, Commencal actually supplied the older version chain guide loose in the box, which REALY p’d me off as it obviously doesn’t fit and the Andoran ferkers must have known 😡

honourablegeorge

I built up one of those recently it came with this mental two piece Commencal branded guide that had an upper guide that bolted directly into the frame (not the ISCG mounts)

finners

100pmphplus – was the supplied guide a direct mount onto the actual frame? Do u still have it? This is honestly doing my t!t$ in.

finners

honourablegeorge – do suppose you want to sell me the guide do you? 🙂

honourablegeorge

Sorry finners, was a bike I built for a mate – guide, bike and mate currently in the Alps.

mildred

I had a supreme DH v2 & an e-13 lg1+. I used raceface atlas am cranks so could tweak the spacing. Iirc I had two bb spacers on drive side.

finners

Crap. If he’s in morzine tell him to leave it for me. I’m there Sunday 😀

honourablegeorge

This is the weird upper guide I fitted, to a threaded hole above the chainset

And this was the lower (stinger-alike)

finners

Crumbs, could do with not spending that much. They have me over a barrel…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘what chain device? commencal supreme **Help please**’ is closed to new replies.