• This topic has 80 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by flow.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • What car for £25k?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not buying one, I couldn’t afford it, but it seems like about as much as I could ever think of spending and I’m bored. Plus it seems like about the sort of car I could get with my upcoming car allowance from work.

It’s got to be family suitable, comfy, refined and have toys.

SaxonRider

Volvo V70

Checks all your boxes. And mine too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oooh yeah.. never think of Volvos…

EDIT: hmm only a basic model for that price though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paulosoxo
    Free Member

We spent a bit more than that on a second hand Freelander2 HSE. It’s mint, we love it and haven’t got bored of it a year on.

If I didn’t have kids and a wife, I’d probably wax it all on a Caterham 7

sambob
    Free Member

Transporter/Caravelle/Vito?

molgrips
    Free Member

Mmm yeah possibly a tricked out van.. don’t really like driving them a long way though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Get an old Rolls Royce!

And when your neighbours see it, you can say ‘yeah, check pon it. Rolls Royce. So shut up!’

And with £25k, you’ll have more than enough to buy one, fix it up and insure it for a few years. And have a bit left over for petrol.

And it’ll look a darn sight better than any piece of crap Volvo or other modern junk, like the boring soulless mundane-mobile in the very next post…

donsimon
    Free Member

New or second hand?

autotrader

neilnevill
    Free Member

Seat exeo ST. for 25K you could get the petrol engine, or the most fruity oilburner, or the (recommended) mid-powered and efficient oil burner and lots of whistles and bells.

I’m thinking this will be my next car

(its a rebadged Audi A4 B7 Avant BTW)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Couldn’t bring myself to pay 25K for a car unless it was someone elses cash, and even then I’d try to avoid it.

Brycey
    Free Member

(its a rebadged Audi A4 B7 Avant BTW)

And it shows that it’s a 10 year old design. A few folk at work have them and they feel pretty dated.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well exactly, CK. This is a bit of a hypothetical exercise 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

If second hand is an option you could get a fleet

donsimon
    Free Member

Merc?

I think this one has had a bit of an AMG upgrade, but not too sure. Be careful as carpark jealousy could affect the atmosphere in the office.

midlifecrashes

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What’s the point of that staircase? Goes up then just comes down again. Bloody stupid. 😐

Lifer
    Free Member

U is jus jelus

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How on Earth can I be jelus of a preposteration of a staircase what goes up, then just comes down again? 😯

zokes
    Free Member

Well, we have a Freelander 2, and it’s great. I wouldn’t see the point of one in the UK though…

kevj
    Free Member

Elfin, there is a ‘get off point’ at the top. Not even posh people are that preoccupied to get back to the start, scratch their head and wonder what went wrong.

st

When did cars become so expensive?? My (lease) car is up for replacement at the end of the year and it seems like anything bigger than a fiesta with a decent spec is over £20K!

So much for getting a replacement car and saving some cash each month.

Mind you I don’t subscribe to the whole “I don’t understand whay anyone would spend X on a car” thing. If you have the money to buy it or make the payments then fairynuff.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If I was posh I’d probbly have a staircase what went up, then just came down again without any purpose.

I’m not posh though which is probbly why don’t understand the concept. 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

The only thing that would ever tempt me to get a new car would be the option of speccing it how you want it.

donsimon
    Free Member

You don’t want a poxy Freelander, you want a proper offroader.

bol

How about a Prius plug in? They’re out in the new year, will cost about £25k once the £5k government grant is applied, has hardly any benefit in kind tax and does about 170 miles to the gallon. You know the rest. Looks like that will be where my lease money goes in 2012.

molgrips
    Free Member

Are they out then? Tempting 🙂 Couldn’t find any specs last time I looked.

EDIT: 14 miles in electric mode isn’t that great though, the Ampera can do 40 supposedly.

user-removed
    Free Member

And it’ll look a darn sight better than any piece of crap Volvo or other modern junk, like the boring soulless mundane-mobile in the very next post…

And the very next post was…. a pic of an Audi…. on a GOLF COURSE! (Volvo owner 😳 ).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I rest my case. 😉

ourmaninthenorth

[fears doing a John Terry]

And when your neighbours see it, you can say ‘yeah, check pon it. Rolls Royce. So shut up!’

Never spoken to the guy, but there’s a very dapper dressed black guy drives a green Roller just like that in Manchester – usually saw him on the Parkway going through Moss Side.

Man has style – always wears a hat (trilby in winter, Panama in summer).

donsimon
    Free Member

I aim to please.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, that’ll be Binners! 😀

5lab

skoda superb
    mondeo is a highly capable car

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Seat exeo ST. for 25K you blah blah blah

Or buy a 10 year old Audi; same thing

warton
    Free Member

merc C220 estate 1 year old. if you look you can get one with all the toys, lane tracking, autobrake etc etc

takisawa2

You could buy a fleet of 160k mile, 52′ diesel Mondeo’s.

Then, like me, you could enjoy the experience of scraped knuckles as you dismantle the alternator to try & squeeze it through the inner wing to get it repaired. Now you wont get that with a £25k car. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Secondhand Cayman or wait abit for a Evoque.

Why do I find myself liking such a hateful thing? 😐

Drac

Has to be Audi to get the whiners whining.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Golf gti

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘What car for £25k?’ is closed to new replies.