Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What car for £2500?
  • deejayen
    Free Member

I haven’t bought a car in years. I’ve been driving Land Rovers for 20 years now, but someone gave me a 2001 Toyota Yaris 1.0 last year, and once I got it fixed up I enjoyed driving it. It came in handy when the Landy needed some repairs, and I’ve put a few thousand miles on the Yaris and enjoyed the comfy ride, the cassette player, and the spongy seats! I also think the Mk1 Yaris looks really cute. I’ve just splashed out on 4 winter tyres and had the tracking adjusted. My Yaris seems okay mechanically, and it passed its MOT and garage checks, but it has a hole in the roof where once it had an aerial, and the engine bay looks rusty.

Anyway, in an idle moment I came across an advertisement for a Mk1 Yaris T-Sport, which looks to be in nice condition. However, it’s at the other end of the country, and it’s probably very expensive at £2500. I mean, it’s 15 years old! The T-Sport isn’t supposed to that sporty, but then it’s also less economical and more expensive to tax and insure than the 1 litre.

I wasn’t looking to buy a car, but if you had £2500 burning a hole in your pocket, what would you go for?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Civic Type R

Cougar

I test drove a Civic *handwave* eight years ago. It was one of the harshest rides I’ve ever known, and that was just a regular one rather than a sporty model. I wouldn’t.

jonnyboi

Skoda fabia

deejayen
    Free Member

The Type R is probably a great car, but I’ve always had the impression they’re a bit of a boy racers’ car, and might attract too much police attention.

olly2097
    Free Member

Berlingo. Just bought one and wish I’d bought one sooner.

Or a tidy mk1 focus

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’d get the T Sport as they are great fun. You need to ring the neck out of them to get the lift but this also means that they are fairly economical if driven carefully.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve had a string of Japanese Barges, they’re great, bulletproof etc etc etc.

If i had £2500 that had to be spent on a car though, i’d have something liek this and call it a runabout (£2200)…

mojodave
    Free Member

If you’re thinking of a T Sport go for the Celica

Something like?
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710039929077

£500 left over for tax and fuel!

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Mk iv Golf

Plenty about, cheap, bombproof – still looks modern

Probably get two for 2.5k

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Mk iv Golf

Bit shit though

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Oh yeah, and a Yaris is the pinnacle of automotive lust

robowns
    Free Member

You loved the cassette player, what year is this??

RustyNissanPrairie

Another volvo v70. Boring old mans car that’s awesome for bike road trips and crossing continents in utter comfort.
    love ours.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What car for £2500?’ is closed to new replies.