Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What car breakdown cover?
  • Alphabet

I need some basic breakdown cover for a 4 year old car. Just tow me off the motorway or road to the nearest garage if I break down (if it can't be fixed on the roadside) will be plenty.

So should I go for AA, RAC or some other provider?

Thanks.

jon1973
    Free Member

AA and RAC are much the same in my experiance.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Or AutoAid, £35 for the year. You pay the recovery people up front then claim it back. Haven't used it myself yet but they seem to get good reviews.

dooosuk
    Free Member

RAC via Tesco clubcard vouchers. Cheap as chips.

fivespot
    Free Member

RAC through Tesco points. Works out about a third of the cost or less. Have been doing it for years. 😉

mrchrispy

+2 on the tesco/RAC tip

PePPeR

We've just used More Than for the first time as our cam belt snapped in France, they have been brilliant!!

They are relatively cheap, but importantly their service when needed was fantastic.

gixer.john
    Free Member

Miisus has hers through Tesco – car wouldn't start today. Guy turned up 15 minutes after the call. Soon as he got out of his van he rubbed his hands and says "Nissan Micra, bet it's flooded", tried to start it, pulled out the fuel pump fuse – Hey Presto it fires up – 30 seconds and the job was done.

markyboy
    Free Member

AA is the one you want!
    can get you cover for £28 if you want

Drac

Check your car insurance many include it now or will add it for a few quid.

aikon
    Free Member

+1 for Autoaid

footflaps

I go through Money Supermarket Direct and get EuropAssist (or something like that) for about £35 / year. Used them once to get the Golf towed from Wales to Cambridge when the front sub frame detached itself from the chassis a few years back – service was fine.

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://breakdown.insurancechoice.co.uk/compare.php

cover starts at £29 – just got it so not used but CHEAP as can be

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What car breakdown cover?’ is closed to new replies.