Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Cadence Sensor
  • drofluf
    Free Member

Need a recommendation for a reliable Bluetooth cadence sensor to use on the turbo.

I bought a cheapie last year which was fine when it worked but usually took a few minutes fiddling around each time I used it. Plus it didn’t seem to turn itself off at the end of a session meaning that the battery only lasted a week or so.

whitestone
    Free Member

Just Bluetooth or ANT+? If the latter then the Garmin one is fine, battery has lasted a year so far.

Plain Bluetooth, there’s a few: Wahoo and Topeak both have one that seems OK. Might depend on what you are wanting to link it to.

drofluf
    Free Member

Has to be Bluetooth as I’m linking to an iPhone

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Is the bluetooth on your iphone BLED – as that is what the wahoo one uses?

The wahoo just sticks on the crank – no opposing dongle to put on the bike.

drofluf
    Free Member

Is the bluetooth on your iphone BLED – as that is what the wahoo one uses?

The wahoo just sticks on the crank – no opposing dongle to put on the bike.

I think so, at least Wahoo list my phone as a supported device. Like teh idea of no magnet as well

jam-bo

I’ve got a topeak speed/cadence sensor I haven’t got around to selling. email in profile if you are interested.

riddoch

The wahoo one is nice as it is Bluetooth and ant, so works with phone and garmin. It comes with a couple of holders, so you can cable tie it to your crank or attach it to a shoe.
    One thing I’ve noticed with Bluetooth devices it sometimes the app that it doesn’t work with, I’m thinking particularly garmin connect and lidl heartrate monitors.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Cadence Sensor’ is closed to new replies.