Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What cable/satellite channels do I need to watch TdF and other bike sport?
  • mattjg
    Free Member

Will regular Eurosport do?

Ta.

scaredypants

yeh, but the HD is a much better picture

wwaswas

works for me.

cyclingfans.com always has links to online ‘resources’ for watching streamed video too.

Duggan

cyclingfans.com always has links to online ‘resources’ for watching streamed video too.

Yoink.

I also found http://www.steephill.tv to be useful for info on watching the Giro etc

mattjg
    Free Member

Ta, does Eurosport show whole races/days, or just bulletins at the end of the day mixed in with lots of other junk?

I don’t care about football tennis motor racing etc etc, just cycling. If there’s a dedicated channel that would be perfect.

I find ITV’s TdF coverage to be so ad-saturated as to be near unwatchable unfortunately.

wwaswas

tend to get 3-4 hours of an afternoon on eurosport plus an hour highlights later in the evening for all the classics.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Eurosport is pretty good… £3.50 per month for a on-line sub.

But highlights program is on at about 10:30 … too late for me, I’m tucked up in bed by then.

So I use steephill and cyclingfans with varying degrees of success

Sandwich

ITV4 are covering Le Tour if you want to avoid Sean Kelly and his mangled French.

sambob
    Free Member

ITV coverage is normally pretty good, usually the last 3 hours of stage from what I can remember.

mattjg
    Free Member

yeah, between ads ITV is good. They have to pay the rent of course but ad frequency borders on the ridiculous sometimes.

tracknicko
    Free Member

sean kelly should not be avoided. proper hero.

wwaswas

I find the eurosport commentary a bit like the cricket – you don’t actually need to be watchign or even have any real interest in the event to listen to it.

It’s quite good to work to – I just look at the video streaming window if somethign interestign happens.

richmtb

I actually prefer the coverage on ITV4, The highlights show at 7pm is pretty good and a perfect time for me.

I try and avoid following it during the day so I can enjoy the highlights show more.

Mr_C
    Free Member

I find the eurosport commentary a bit like the cricket – you don’t actually need to be watchign or even have any real interest in the event to listen to it.

Not since they got rid of the legend that is David Duffield. For some reason they now insist on actually talking about the racing at hand.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

we’ve signed up to the eurosportplayer, as I also watch motorbike racing (so get to see MotoGP without those idiots BBC insist on employing, as well as WSB and BSB). Currently getting annoyed the Dauphine is getting dicked around for tennis (why have 2 matches on 4 channels?).

Used steephill, fromsport.com etc which are usually re-streams from eurosport, but worse quality, full of pop up ads, sound and pictures not synced, in Belgian etc.

The player is designed to work at realistic download speeds, so when your supplier throttles you back to 0.4Mb you still get viewable footage (think it tops out at 1.8Mb). Having watched the giro and dauphine the limiting factor is usually the quality of the roadside signal (TdeF a whole lot more professional though).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What cable/satellite channels do I need to watch TdF and other bike sport?’ is closed to new replies.