Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what budget tv?
  • sadexpunk

lads birthday next week, and he needs a new tv, think the old one hes got keeps failing on him. he wants smart tv, but hasnt got decent internet at the mo, so my advice to him is to get as good a tv as he can now, and add an android box/bluray or something at a later date for his ‘apps’, does that seem right?

he wants at least 32″, and we’re looking at sub £200 really, maybe a touch more if somethings a lot better for him. his needs are really just compatabilty with xbox for now, he plays his dvds from that. and like i said, smart stuff either now or future. he’ll eventually watch netflix etc. extras that i thought may be useful are possibly usb for looking at photos?

ive seen this one at argos. does it seem decent for the money? anything else i should look out for? dont really understand the difference between HD and HD ready/upscaling technology etc so just expecting that everythings much of a muchness these days and all capable of playing tv in HD from the HD freeview channels. am i wrong to think this, as i dont want to buy him a dud.

thanks

sadexpunk

also seen this one at argos too. which would you say is the better bet? either got better sound or picture maybe?

thanks

tiggs121
    Free Member

How about this one from John Lewis – a ted more expensive than Argos.

Toshiba Telly

sadexpunk

too small mate thanks. he really needs 32″ or bigger, plus hes already got the means of playing dvd’s through his xbox, so probably paying more for unneeded kit.

thanks

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Aldi Special Buy today? Aldi 42″ HD TV

unovolo
    Free Member

Either the Sony or one of the Panasonic’s in the link below then for apps(If his Xbox hasnt already got the apps on it) then either a Roku or Amazon fire stick.
    Sony TV
    Panasonic TV
    Better Panasonic TV

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t discount the sharp, they are pretty decent. But the sony it’s probably better, but either way don’t rely on the standard settings, the picture can be improved a lot with the tuning.

Avid the Bush, and I would doubt that the aldi well will much good

TheBrick
    Free Member

What about second hand? Seen some v good ones in pawn shops. Your boy does not need to know where it is from…..

sadexpunk

thanks everyone. will have a good look at those suggested today.

much appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what budget tv?’ is closed to new replies.