Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What budget turbo trainer (adjustable resistance) post knee surgery?
  • Eldrik
    Free Member

After having a section of knee cartilage removed a few weeks ago, my physio is now recommending that a turbo trainer might be very useful in helping my recovery.

It needs to have adjustable resistance levels, be at the budget end of the market (£150 max but £100 is preferable), and fit an Inbred.

An old Road Cycling review recommended the CycleOps Mag (around £100 now) and some STWers seem to like the Gist Turbo.

Any recommendations? Thanks….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ive got the cyvlops mag, works well enough, stil a litle oscilating, but unless you get a fluid (or can live with the noisy air ones) thats unavoidable.

ohh and take it easy. I was feeling good and doing 100mile road rides and long days out in the hills. Then all of a sudden it went again. So had to spend another few months off the bike :(.

Eldrik
    Free Member

Thanks.

Any other recommendations out there? If not, it looks like the Mag is the way to go.

I’m definitely taking it easy – am more concerned about maximising the chance of a full recovery than a fast recovery…

r6ymy
    Free Member

I’m using a Tacx Swing because Torq recommended that for mountain bikes as it can work well at low rpm and high torque. It’s worked well for me, seems to give good consistent resistance.
    It’s £130 from JE James
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/id18444.html
    http://www.torq.ltd.uk/acatalog/Turbo_Trainers.html

hazeii
    Free Member

Got a Cyclops Mag and a TACX fluid here. The Mag is cheaper, and is adjustable over 5 steps (unlike the TACX, which also costs more). Bit of pulsing with the Cyclops, might bother roadies but mountain bikers will maybe prefer the extra feedback!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What budget turbo trainer (adjustable resistance) post knee surgery?’ is closed to new replies.