Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Brake Pads?
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

Sorry – been posted a number of times, but its very confusing all the different types and makes.

Loking for a couple of spare pairs of pads for M675 SLX and Tektro Draco OEM brakes.

I ride in all conditions, wet, dry, muddy etc I dont do alp trips so heat not a big issue. Mostly singletrack type riding in the woods.

What make/type are the best at the moment.

Thanks

PaulD
    Free Member

Alligator semi-metallics from XC Racer are excellent in my XTR brakes.
    Last price was £20 for 4 sets.

Standard Shimano M07 resin is fine, but only good for one really wet and muddy ride.

Cheapo ebay specials have been fine too for XC at Swinley and Tunnel Hill, but no longer cheaper than XC Racer at present.

PaulD

grum
    Free Member

Superstar Kevlar.

jonba
    Free Member

Disco brakes sintered

Wozza
    Free Member

I think Shimano resins last very well, definitely way longer than “only good for one really wet and muddy ride”. Not as long as metal, granted, but they don’t suffer from heat problems nearly as quickly as the sintered options do.

cp

wozza -1, completely the opposite to my experience – overheating of the pad itself and a distinct lack of braking effect. scary fast wear rates in wet muddy conditions.

back on superstar sintered and great braking and long life with no heat issues I had with the shimano resins.

Just shows really that different people, using brakes in a different way in differing conditions can get completely different experience with pad compounds.

hunta

Is anyone able to clarify please, do the m675 take the same pads as the 665? Can’t see 675 listed on Superstar, XCR etc. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Brake Pads?’ is closed to new replies.