Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What biscuits for the LBS
  • oxnop
    Free Member

Called my LBS yesterday to ask If they had the mounting hardware for my new shock. Yes, I was told.

They also said that the instalation would only cost me a packet of biscuits

The question is, what biscuits?

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Jaffa cakes are the standard payment to most LBS' in my experience.

Tracker1972
    Free Member
    oxnop
    Free Member

I was thinking Jaffa cakes. Anything sexier or more hip?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

The thing with Jaffa cakes is that expensive ones are exactly the same as cheap ones, so if you want to display gratitude you might want to go for something a bit more 'boutique' or something. Jaffa cakes are great, though.

oxnop
    Free Member

so if you want to display gratitude you might want to go for something a bit more 'boutique' or something. Jaffa cakes are great, though.

My thoughts exactly.

yunki
    Free Member

I think you're just gonna come across as a bit rude and ungrateful unless you go for some home made gingerbread..

mogrim

Snickerdoodles are perhaps a little cake-like, but are always popular when I make them.

nedrapier

Raspberry and white chocolate cookies from sainsbury's. Mmmmm…

Or their taste the difference triple chocolate biscuits. None more chocolatey!

Or fox's golden crunch creams? Tasty, but not particularly special.

nedrapier

You'll have to test all these, obviously!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Cream pie?
    IGMC

MrNutt
    Free Member

magic flapjacks?

hora
    Free Member

Does the LBS owner know that his staff take food/reward in lieu of payment? Does he know hes funding their snacks?

Or is it a laid-back/relaxed bikeshop where the owner understands its a small thing but encourages repeat-business?

Devils advocate but in chains etc I've come across this and felt uncomfortable with this response.

bommer
    Free Member

Choccy hobnobs, one pack of dark and one of milk. Impossible to go wrong with that

oxnop
    Free Member

Or is it a laid-back/relaxed bikeshop where the owner understands its a small thing but encourages repeat-business?

Check

Well known Calderdale LBS, they are ace in my opinion and wouldnt have expected anything less.

Even Stif respond well to biccies 😀

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Chocolate caramel hobnob type things are a favourite where I am 😛 (well, second to chocolate cake, but thats not a biscuit 😉 )

enduro-aid
    Free Member

I find that its better to buy 2 or 3 types from aldi or lidl rather than one expensive packet from sainsburys or a brand name

the choco covered shortbread is great and also the choco covered tea biscuit (square shaped ones with the wee choco overhang)

oxnop
    Free Member

The shop opens at 10! I still cant decide, i'm thinking it has to be a selection of biscuits though.

Jaffa's are deffo on the list.

mattbee

When I used to be a spanner monkey I liked a nice crumbly fruit cake, goes lovely with tea!

Hora, you really do come across as a miserable bugger on here, maybe get some scented candles, run a nice bath and chill out for a while?

Harry_the_Spider

Hora, you really do come across as a miserable bugger on here, maybe get some scented candles, run a nice bath and chill out for a while?

New father isn't he… probably suffereing from lack of sleep and back pressure.

Chocolate Digestives.

Nezbo
    Free Member

If it was me, i would do what enduro-aid says and get a selection like custard creams, foxes creams, and some hob knobs. All can be dunked in a brew with oily fingers 🙂

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooo! Jaffa cakes should be band, they are a confused biscuit/cake they neither cake or biscuit and made from the spawn of the devil. Evil biscuit/cake type of thing, the pain the humanity won't someone think of the children…

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

A bike shop in Edinburgh were appreciative of the jaffa cakes i gave them and added that shortbread came a close second in their book 🙂

hora
    Free Member

As long as you give me a nice rub down 😛

Harry_the_Spider

As long as you give me a nice rub down

Ahhhh… So it is a back pressure issue.

hora
    Free Member

Have you tried using one of those BJorn-carrier things?

Pook

I can vouch for Hora's non-grumpiness in the real world. Despite his looks.

oxnop
    Free Member

I went for those Fox's crunch cream's in Ginger & Golden crunch variant.

Went down well.

I think im behind the curve with this one but does a semi-famous female singlespeeder/enduro racer happen to work in a Calderdale LBS? Quite embarrassing question really considering it's my LBS 😆

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What biscuits for the LBS’ is closed to new replies.