Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What bike for a turbo?
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Well I'm thinking of having a dedicated bike on the turbo as I have most of what I need going spare but does it matter that it won't be like my road bike? It'll have a road frame with mtb risers so my position will be different. I don't think it matters but my roadie mate says I should use the same road bike I mostly ride on; should I?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don't see why, albeit you can get tyres for turbos that fit road bikes but not mtbs.

trail_rat
    Free Member

you will use different muscles for different positions

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mudshark
    Free Member

It's just the bars that won't be road – I don't have spare levers for drops.

sockpuppet

26 inch trainer tyre

if that helps

trail_rat
    Free Member

yes but what i mean is you really want to try getting the bikes as similar as possible – get the tape measure out and make the effective TT the same – dont just be tempted to use odd stems you had lying about if they the wrong size !

mudshark
    Free Member

trail_rat – sorry, my response was to cynic-al.

I see your point – I have everything I need except shifters for drops so that's why I was thinking the mtb bars/shifters would work out. Maybe I can set the bars up OK though as I don't ride on the drops on the turbo anyway – or should I?!

cynic-al
    Free Member

It's not going to make a huge, if any, difference – why would all the mtb pros train on road bikes then race on mtbs?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What bike for a turbo?’ is closed to new replies.