Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What bike for a little person?
  • Frizzer
    Free Member

Mrs Frizzer is only 4'11" and currently rides a Ridgeback MX2 which has a 13" frame.
    I'd like to get her something a bit more offroadable as by the time I upgrade the wheels, forks, brakes, etc it'll end up costing more in the long run. I may as well just buy a new bike and flog the old one on ebay.
    We'd be looking at a HT about £400 or so to get her started, any recommendations out there in STW land?

Pierre

A second-hand Orange? Mrs. Pierre is 5'0" and rides a 13" P7 – I know mamadairt (on here) is also small and had a lovely little Orange.

: P

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

specialized myka = Mrs tj just got one – the 13" is realy tiny

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

double post

nbt

14" inbred would be good too, might blow your budget though

Frizzer
    Free Member

Yeah, budget is a bit tight as we've just got married and also I just built myself an Evil (got to get the priorities right!).

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

spec myka or something in the trek skye range (thats new this year and I can't remember which one costs what), or giant talon (XS) (can't remember how much they cost either but might be worth a look)

gusamc
    Free Member

gf 4ft 10, Spec Myka 13" was about only thing that I could find, she loves it, esp low curve tube.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, 14" Inbred or 14" Kona would be good (similar geometry) . . . I think the women-specific Trek and Specialized models tend to be shorter in the toptube though so may be even more suitable for someone under 5'.

Frizzer
    Free Member

I'm thinking a Myka may be the one to go for.
    Cheers everyone 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What bike for a little person?’ is closed to new replies.