Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • What bike component do you far too many of?
  • euain

cantilever and v-brakes seem to multiply in my spares box

I’d take a set of V-brakes off you if you need the space.. trying to build up an old frame for my mum and find I have 1 V-brake and one lever in my spares box. Trying to find another brake and lever…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Pedalhead of this parish has 18 surplus saddles, all high-end.
    😯

hofnar
    Free Member

I have about 20 spare road wheels I have 5 euuhm 7 road bikes though. I have tyres all over the place from new, once uced prelovved to ragged to hell dunno at least 20 probably 40 most likely more.

Brake pads 30 sets? more most likely.

I have too its a 30k drive to a bike shop and they are in the sticks so rather expensive. Though we have one good one who actually stocks fat bike tyres and all kinds of hope bling.

motivforz
    Free Member

Too many tyres here. I have been out for a skid ride just to burn through a rear tyre like I’m 12 again!

Anybody got a spare 32T 104 pcd 4 bolt chainring, of knackered condition? I’m looking to finish my pub bike – would pay postage!

enduroforever
    Free Member

I have a 32 you can have no problem

Scapegoat

Rotor bolts
    Inner tubes patched, brand spanking, cut up to make shims and liners
    Cheap lights
    Cheap light brackets
    Old lights
    Crap lights
    Little flashing LEDs
    I have a couple of too short handlebars that I keep meaning to give away
    Saddles with bent rails
    Inner gear cables in lengths that won’t fit a rear but might come in handy for a front if I’m desperate
    Plastic outer cable ferrules
    Loads and loads of part worn brake pads, including three pairs of finned ones
    BB spacers
    Short lengths of chain off cuts
    Some forks that need me to be able to afford to have the serviced before I use them, then I’ll need a cheap frame and wheelset to bolt them onto
    Crap mudguards/ fenders
    Bottle cages
    Reflector Brackets
    About 8 Tesco torches ready to use as helmet lights before cheap Chinese lights were invented
    Mercifully I’ve reduced the part worn tyre mountain but still have some patched TLRs for when I rip the next one…..
    Brake cup washers
    Brake hose
    IS/PM mounts
    Broken cheap bike computers, magnets and mounts
    Several pairs of worn pedals and cleats.

tomhoward

Camelbak bladders
    26inch tyres (1 26er, maybe a dozen pairs?)

nuke

Forks… I have 2 built up bikes but 10 sets of forks: 4 sets of Rebas, 4 sets of Revs, 1 set of Lyriks and a set of Fox 32 😳

sweaman2
    Free Member

I must say this thread is making me feel much better about my collection…

Road wheels – 4 spare sets despite now only have one road bike.
    Brake adapters (too many to count)
    Brake levers – 3x hydraulic levers for some reason

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What bike component do you far too many of?’ is closed to new replies.