Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What BIG kit bag?
  • skiprat
    Free Member

Looking for a big kit bag to travel with. Not a fixed shape bage like a suit case so it can be squashed into a car boot.

Needs to be 120 ltr plus if possible.

Anyone know of any that won’t empty the bank account?

Thanks for your help.

ElShalimo

Rab Expedition Kit bag
    top quality at a sensible price

flange
    Free Member

I’d have a look at the North Face duffle bag thing. I’ve got the 90l one and its ace. Use it for weekends away, races (fits shoes, helmet plus all my kit), straps are comfy and it can be worn like a ruc-sack if you’re also pushing a bike bag. Think they have a pretty good warrenty on them too, as in – it breaks, you take it back to the NF shop and get a new one.

This is the 140 litre one, I got the 90l one during their 10% off sale, which was nice.

140 biggun

Failing that, Troy lee do one with a fold out mat thing for changing your shoes. Its nice, but its pretty expensive and not as robust as the NF one

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

North face are expensive.
    If you’re not bothered about ‘brand’ then there’s 120L Vango cargo bags for £39.99 on ebay. I think they have the same features as the NF one.

skiprat
    Free Member

Thanks all, had seen the Rab one and NFace. I’ll take a look at the Vango one though.

Wozza
    Free Member

+1 for the North Face, Easily fits Camelbak, Helmet, 5tens, riding gear and a change of clothes. Feels very well made.

Edit: Also, living in a block of flats, the ability to wear like a rucksack while pushing your bike into the lift is a big plus point.

petrieboy

Slightly OT but I’m currently on the lookout for some simple holdalls around 60litres or so to make packing the roofbox for camping easier. Need 4 or 5 of them so want to pay MUCH less than Rab/TNF money. Any ideas??

d45yth
    Free Member

Don’t Ikea do their big, blue bags with a zip on now? They’d only cost a couple of quid.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

got one of these in blue http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/royal-racing-cargo-bag-id46888.html

big kit bag, a NF-a-like

recommended

Clobber
    Free Member

Duff bag any good??

kcal

Mountain Equipment ones in Cotswold. They also have a dirty laundry / boots inner bag thing, very handy.

crush83
    Free Member

millitary burgen from a surplus store?

they have big black kit bags too

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Duff bag any good??

A question or a suggsestion?

Either way I like mine, not so good for packing stuff for a trip as it’s just a huge bag. But brilliant for just throwing all the wet clothes, towwels and armour in afterwards, pulling the drawstring and throwing it in the car. Or its big enough to sit on and protect the seats!

Clobber
    Free Member

I meant size wise question, really like my duffbag for exactly the reasons you mention

willard

GoOutdoors have their own version one up for sake at the moment. Well, up for sale like every day of the year I guess. Anyway, they are the ones that look like the NF ones, but aren’t. 15% of everything this weekend too.

Failing that, go for a standard UK issue black kitbag. Cheap, relatively robust, quite large.

honourablegeorge

petrieboy – Member
    Slightly OT but I’m currently on the lookout for some simple holdalls around 60litres or so to make packing the roofbox for camping easier. Need 4 or 5 of them so want to pay MUCH less than Rab/TNF money. Any ideas??

Duffbag? Or the big stuff sacks from AlpKit?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I recently bought one of these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=33620

It’s great. Big and well made. Not sure how big it is in terms of litres, but it’s about 95cm long and 50 wide, so pretty big.

Markie
    Free Member

170 litres and great quality.

http://www.cactusclimbing.co.nz/online-shop/utility/big-black-bags/84-69

Free shipping too!

wrecker
    Free Member

http://www.the-outdoor.co.uk/ishop/853/shopscr488.html

these things get dragged to the worst places on earth; Iraq, Afghanistan, Bridgwater…..

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What BIG kit bag?’ is closed to new replies.