Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • What beer for the Singletrack Classic Weekender?
  • Ed-O
    Free Member

Who cares about tyres or hardtail vs full sus? I’ll be marshalling so my thoughts are should I get Pale Ale and do I want to serve it cooled?

matthew_h
    Free Member

We’re bringing a number of mini kegs from our local brewery. Bradfield beers are rayt good and should be delicious.

Dave
    Free Member

Leffe please Ed

Remember how good the Dyfi was :o)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve been considering the same Ed. Do I become a lager lout for the weekend and get a big crate of some French filth and sit in my deck chair in the sunshine by the Team Headless Chicken gazeebo or do I go and raid Sainsburys for their 2 for £3/3 for £4 bottled ale offer and go mad on Theakstons XB and Badgers Golden Champion?

mos

Little Valley Brewery, Tods Blonde surely?

lowey

Matthew has the right idea.

A barrel of Bank Top Flat Cap – £80… 72 pints of the finest ale known to man fresh from the barrel. You even get the pump thrown in for free rent.

http://www.banktopbrewery.com/

Drac

Going to rummage around see what’s in the garage, haven’t got the chance to get to a local brewery.

Ben_Haworth

Judging from the quarry verges, the local tipple of choice is Fosters 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

fentimans ginger beer for me please!

Ben_Haworth

I’m going for whisky – less weight to carry up the hill 😉

cy

I want Peroni, but I’m not going to be able to keep it cold. What a conundrum?!!

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

May I suggest … Wobbly Bob 😯 from Phoenix Brewery in Heywood.

cy

PS – I’m glad you’re not racing Ed. That’s one place further up the rankings for me!

colb
    Free Member

The one on the left in this picture 😀

wors

how about something on topic?

D0NK

do canondale know about that jason? didn’t think the jekyll was prone to squatting.
    The world of proper beer (and whisky for that matter) sounds good, so much variety, micro breweries and that, proper man’s drink. Pity it all tastes like p!ss to me.

Sam

I want Peroni, but I’m not going to be able to keep it cold. What a conundrum?!!
    Esky (cooler or car fridge or whatever you call them…) + ice = job done

Colb – in that case I’ll take the one on the right – Anchor Steam one of my all time faves.

I think I’ll be taking something suitably exotic and refreshing, see what they’ve got at Majestic

lowey

Pity it all tastes like p!ss to me.

Dear God!

You and me are going to have to have words young Dave, Words indeed.

snowslave

Bank Top = quality!!!!

How about a campaign for the pub opposite Lee Quarry to start selling proper beer please? It’s Thwaites – hooray, but not the excellent Bomber or Wainwright, just the electric pump stuff – boo.

Oh, and post ride nosh there would be good too….

D0NK

PITY was the key word there lowey, I’d love to be able to enjoy different beers whiskys or even wines but 90% of alchohol tastes biz to my finely honed taste buds, certainly all the socially acceptable booze. My Mrs is the same, it’s not good going into a posh resteraunt and ordering some 5 star food with “a pint of strongbow for me and a fosters for the lady.”

Actually we go with soco and coke and voddy redbull if it’s posh nosh 🙂

Drac

fentimans ginger beer for me please!

Easy to get hold of up here as brewed not too far away.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

drac, i’ve just downed a 750ml bottle of it whilst getting annoyed with poor indexing on a friend’s bike that i’m fettling… better go get more for the weekend now.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Batemans Combined Harvest i think.although if Matthew_h is who i think he is then i might try fot a cheeky drink from the barrel.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

snowslave
    nearest place from Lee Quarry that will do decent beer and food is Rose n Bowl.

Don’t be put off by the blue rinse brigade, the food is good and cheap, usually one decent hand pull on and the guy who owns it is an mtber who makes Ton look small

sit out back with your bike and watch riders on the quarry trails

Brownbacks
    Free Member

and he sponsored some prizes at our races

Drac

drac, i’ve just downed a 750ml bottle of it whilst getting annoyed with poor indexing on a friend’s bike that i’m fettling… better go get more for the weekend now.

Now I want some cold Ginger Beer is a great thirst quencher.

matthew_h
    Free Member

MatthewLHome,

It is me and there will be enough for you. You’ve been factored into the equations

montylikesbeer

Multimap link

After the marshalling thing I’ll be in the Jolly sailor in waterfoot some 10 mins ride away on booth road.

Black sheep bitter, Jennings, Duchards IPA, T Taylors landlord hmmmmm, oh and Monty will be there as well

matthewlhome
    Free Member

woo hoo! let me know what i owe. my riding may become somewhat more rubbish than it already is.

snowslave

Thanks for the tip off there Brownbacks, mucho appreciato!

Ratty
    Free Member

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘What beer for the Singletrack Classic Weekender?’ is closed to new replies.