Viewing 6 posts - 361 through 366 (of 366 total)
  • What BBC channel is the Olympic mtb on?
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

I imagine it just snapped rather than slipped. You only need to hit one of those bumps a bit too hard and it could finish off an ultra flimsy carbon post. (Assuming that they’re using an ultra flimsy carbon post)

crikey
    Free Member

Excellent race, actually brought home the idea that mountain biking should include some element of athleticism as well as bouncing downhill with 6 inches of suspension, and such a good muppet detector for STW.

funkynick

Goes on World Cup points for qualification and Liam is the only one who got sufficient points.

This is what I thought too… but during the commentary they said that the Germans had entered Robert Foerstemann, who is a track sprinter, into the race. How on earth was it possible for him to get any World Cup points? Or does it work on a country basis… so the country earns points and then gets to choose who goes?

Plus, don’t the Olympics host nation get an extra place or two in every event? Or does that only qualify if there is no-one who has qualified?

gee
    Free Member

A country gets start spots depending on where in the total point rankings (UCI) their country is to a maximum of three start spots. We got enough for one start spot. I don’t remember the exact numbers but it’s something like 1-5 get 3, 6-10 get 2 etc… We then get to pick who goes as our rider. Liam was by far the quickest at the Nat Champs last month.

GB

Alejandro
    Free Member

Gutted for Liam.

What’s all this about Shurter having his nose drilled!?

Duggan

Watched both the men’s and the women’s events this weekend and thought they were both really entertaining. The men’s especially.

I can remember thinking ages ago that the course looked a bit dull but will admit I was wrong- you can definitely see the logic of how it works for better spectating and TV coverage, I thought it worked really well.

Plus, the pace looked brutal and those technical sections would be so much more challenging on the 4th, 5th time round etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 361 through 366 (of 366 total)

The topic ‘What BBC channel is the Olympic mtb on?’ is closed to new replies.