Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What bathroom flooring?
  • tang
    Free Member

moved house, new place has carpet in two bathrooms. this is not good with two small kids and dads occ lazy aim. laying on board, needs to be the cheaper end of things . room is 3.5mm x 4.5m quite a bit of space in the middle. rubber/tiles/lino/laminate????

smiffkin

I've just laid Kardean flooring in my bathroom. Wide range of styles/colours, easy to lay, but you'll need to tack down ply over the boards. Not that cheap but really good quality. All on the web.
    Recommended!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Studded latex. It's tactile AND wipe clean. What's not to like?

tang
    Free Member

flash- studded latex i like. £40sqm is above what can spend. smiffkin- board down already!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Make sure it's ply and not hardboard that's down already.

ratadog

Agree, we have latex in kitchen and amtico flooring in bathroom. Both are fine, come in tiles and do the job. Not sure about slipperiness of wet rubber so definitely the studded version. Only problems are that they may need to be put down by a professional fitter, certainly in the case of the amtico if you want any warranty, which adds to the cost and second, once they are down they are down so make sure that any plumbing or electrics under the floor are not in need of urgent replacement or alteration.

halfbee
    Free Member

I'm looking at Kardean too, I heard you had to have it fitted…

heresjonny
    Free Member

We used these guys most impressed, they have great range of color and texture. Really funked up the bathroom…

http://www.dalsouple.com/

tang
    Free Member

ply is down. cheers chaps

teagirl
    Free Member

Got Rubber Flooring in ours, really happy with it (got boys with poor aim) and in a bathroom not to expensive assuming it's not huge. Great colours and textures. Easy to lay on very flat surface.
    http://www.therubberflooringcompany.co.uk/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What bathroom flooring?’ is closed to new replies.