• This topic has 130 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • What are your petty bug-bears??
  • stumpy01

Are you me?

😀

I had to curtail that list…..I could feel my blood pressure rising.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Use of M$, Bu$h, Windoze, LeoTURD Trek etc. Especially with the capitalisation, just to make sure everybody gets it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The fact that lots of people can’t spell ‘lose’ or ‘loses’

Easy jet looses 17 bikes on 1flight from Edinburgh for instance. Gets right on my wires, as do people who stop at roundabouts when there’s FA coming!

CaptJon
    Free Member

I hate it when people misquote Hamlet, especially “methinks she doth protest too much”

FFS – if you’re going to try and look clever check the original

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I’ve not read any Shakespeare since school, so i’m not sure why it bugs me.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I hate people who make custard pies out of shaving foam, because they’re too **** lazy to make it using proper custard.

fasgadh
    Free Member

The fashion for tarmac coloured cars.

bearGrease
    yunki
    Free Member

martinxyz
    Free Member

yeah, people (mainly wimmen! :OO) that drive up to roundabouts,stop,then turn to look right to find theres nothing coming.Stop wearing your necks out for nothinggggg! glance right earlier!

older folk that drive around roundabouts and only indicate when exiting.Its nearly always old folk that seem to do this.Roll on the 10 year re-test.Cant wait for all the old folk to never manage to pass the test again.

driving to the speed limits and having the same donkeys reeling you back in when you get into 50,40 or 30 zones.. as they drive scalectrix motored cars that only go one fookin speed.If they tailgate me,i indicate and pull over,let them pass and pull out again these days.Doesnt matter if its the middle of a busy road.I cant be doing with it.

bus drivers that pull out with asshole attitudes.They do it and often cause danger.They seem to think they have the right to be getting on their way regardless of what kind of vehicle is about to/already passing them.There are limits.The driver that decided to do this to me in Aviemore found out through his employers so hopefully he will think twice next time.

faxes.

people continuing to ring fax numbers by mistake.

faxes wasting so much paper.

pEOPLE THAT WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT OTHERS NOT STARTING OFF WITH CAPITAL LETTERS.

martinxyz
    Free Member

“I hate people who make custard pies out of shaving foam, because they’re too **** lazy to make it using proper custard.”

lol.I`m all de-stressed having read that!

mboy
    Free Member

I hate people who make custard pies out of shaving foam, because they’re too **** lazy to make it using proper custard.

Hahaha

Personally I think that custard pie needed to be made from a brick! 😉

There/their/they’re is a big one for me, it really grates!

Txt Spk (really, can’t believe nobody else has mentioned it yet!)

lack of punctuation its really annoying just met this girl recently and shes really nice and we get on really well but i dont think shes ever used a single full stop comma capital letter or apostrophe in her life annoying isnt it

Lorries overtaking each other is another one for me too. Why they even try is beyond me, they’re limited to 56mph anyway, not like they’re going to get there 30 minutes earlier if they beat the lorry in front of them!

People who slow down when they overtake you, and people who speed up when you go to overtake, I find this massively annoying, but maybe it’s because I use cruise control an awful lot on the motorway? That said, I’d wage I’m an awful lot better at regulating my speed even without it than most of them are.

The assertion, as _tom_ has previously pointed out, that according to almost all software developers (Microsoft included) that if you speak the English Language you are indeed a resident of the United States. Or worse, maybe they don’t know where English comes from, and that it indeed originates from America?

American spellings of English words… Don’t! Please, somebody let them have their own language…

People not putting the toilet seat down… Yes, I am a man, and I once didn’t put the toilet seat down either! But it used to wind my ex GF up something chronic, and her constant nagging every single day for the best part of 6 months or so finally conditioned me into being a man who puts the toilet seat down after use. And now, I too am annoyed by people who don’t put the toilet seat down after use!

And probably many many more…

By the way, in case anybody is worried, I’m sat here typing everything with a smile on my face, chuckling at all this. “Petty bug-bears” are indeed that, anyone whose bloody actually boils at anything they’ve written down on this thread needs to have a good think! And binners, sometimes it’s just good to let it all out… Of course there are many shit things happening to many people around the world right now, but I can’t do anything about it! I can make myself feel slightly better by having a minor rant-ette at a few things on STW though 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘What are your petty bug-bears??’ is closed to new replies.