Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • What are your other hobbies/interests?
  • McHamish
    Free Member

I do cook a lot though, often for pleasure, not sure if that counts.

Would cooking be considered a hobby, but only if you threw it away without eating it?

Presumably cooking your dinner isn’t a hobby 😆

freeagent
    Free Member

We’ve got two young kids (girls 8+4) so most of my leisure time is spent taking them to their leisure activities (endless birthday parties, ballet/street jazz/tap dancing/ drama lessons, Brownies, etc)

When I do actually get some ‘me’ time it is road biking, photography, bit of woodwork, Scouty stuff (I’m a DofE assessor + assistant Explorer scout leader) cooking, travel, etc.

Long term I’m hoping to get a bit more into the woodwork, and to buy a 4×4 for trips away.

porter_jamie

motorbikes
    machining stuff – see show me what you made thread
    motorbike racing, engine tuning etc
    mtb
    dog
    reading, documentaries and films
    music – played keyboards in a band and play guitar for fun, badly
    there’s a few more things but i only seem to be able to concentrate on 2 or 3 of them at the same time and the other ones seem to get put to one side for a while. Making stuff and mtb (and the dog) are the main ones though

McHamish
    Free Member

I suppose is should answer the original question really.

Over the years, I’ve had many hobbies…my wife used to say my book shelf was the sign of someone who was bored as it was full of stuff on my various hobbies.

Snowboarding (once a year)
    Fishing (lapsed)
    Fitness/running (lapsed)
    Thai boxing (old)
    Wing Chun (old)
    Other various martial arts (old)
    Golf (old)
    Photography (old)
    Wood working (new – currently renovating an old garage to be my workshop)

I read a lot, but that’s not a hobby I don’t think.

As we’ve just moved to a bigger home that needed/needs a lot of work, my current hobby is DIY/gardening.

lunge

Would cooking be considered a hobby, but only if you threw it away without eating it?
    Presumably cooking your dinner isn’t a hobbu

This is it, I do cook my dinner but also cook or bake just because I have an hour spare and want to play in the kitchen. It does get eaten though, even if that is just by the gannets at work.

j4mie
    Free Member

(Try to) play tennis a couple of evenings a week, and cardio tennis twice a week which I really enjoy!

Rallying – been all over the world watching & taking photos at events, but now mainly filming for a tv program these days which takes up a lot of my time outside work, also try to do a bit of co-driving now and again, have done the Safari Rally in Kenya twice and probably will again next year.

Love map reading and could sit and look at maps for hours and hours, either randomly or trying to work out a route for driving or biking.

Would love to give kayaking a go but wouldn’t know where to start and, again, not knowing anyone who would also try it is annoying.

sofaking
    Free Member

big thanks Franki and McHamish

weeksy

this weekends plans revolve around riding this round racetracks

martinhutch

Climbing
    Psychoanalysing cats/children
    Failed motivational speaking to cats/children.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘What are your other hobbies/interests?’ is closed to new replies.