Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • what are your favourite ps2 games?
  • racefaceec90

am thinking of buying another ps2 sometime (have bought a few of them over the years).they are pretty good value now.just wondering what were your favourite games on it.some of mine god of war,gt3 & 4,burnout 2 point of impact,devil may cry,gta vice city. 🙂

Cougar

SSX. I never did work out what a stale maskey was.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Ico, best game of that generation.

surazal
    Free Member

Gran Turismo and GTA Vice City. Got both of them (and loads of others plus console and steering wheel etc in the loft). Been meaning to dig it out and sell it (cheap)

racefaceec90

catflees,how could i have forgotten that classic (awesome game 😀 i want to learn the theme tune on guitar someday 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

Black, San Andreas

Cougar

+1 for Ico and Vice City.

Never got on with San Andreas, took itself too seriously and sapped all the fun out of it.

racefaceec90

surazal thanks,but i was planning on buying from a shop (no credit card/chequebook) near to where i live.you could always p/x them for a ps3/360 (unless you already have one or both 🙂

Cletus

Downhill Domination!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’ve got an ico mint with all the postcards, at one point they were £60 on eBay. Then it was re-released and the rarity dropped and took the value. Also it’s sequel Shadow of the Collosus was outstanding but somewhat limited. Time hasn’t been too kind to Rez which I used to like too.

mboy
    Free Member

Gun – I love Wild West shootemups, and this is the best I’ve played to date
    GT4 – Obvious really
    GTA Vice City – Again obvious really
    Timesplitters 2 – Awesome gameplay when playing against your mates on multiplayer, or am I just looking back with rose tinted specs?

racefaceec90

catflees,how much would you want for it (if you want to sell it?)

Cougar

Gun – I love Wild West shootemups, and this is the best I’ve played to date

Might I suggest you look at Red Dead Redemption then? (aka Grand Theft Horsey)

richcc
    Free Member

Timesplitters 2 and various incarnations of Tony Hawk pro skater for me.

mboy
    Free Member

Might I suggest you look at Red Dead Redemption then? (aka Grand Theft Horsey)

Just bought it the other day for PS3, not had the chance to play it yet!

various incarnations of Tony Hawk pro skater for me.

Best PS1 game for me was Tony Hawk 2, I just used to hang about in the hangar, doing 2 minute run after 2 minute run, seeing how many points I could get. I think I maxed out at over 1.4million points in the end!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Also the first Red Dead and Dead Mans Hand are good cowboy games. Dead mans plays more like a pop up shooter, it sells for £2 on eBay so you can’t go wrong.

I don’t know if I want to sell it Raceface, sorry, to be honest, you can pick up a mint one on eBay for around £20 these days. For that kind of money I’d like to keep it for the happy memories.

Pook

TOCA Racedriver for pure variety. Still can’t do the bloody williams challenge.

racefaceec90

catflees no worries 🙂 i don’t blame you for wanting to keep it. am definitely going to look out for some of these games (especially red dead redemption,sounds great 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Resident Evil 4. Outstanding game in every way!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Yeah resi 4!!! I always associate that with cube, I’ve got a boxed Limited edition resi4 gamecube too… Can you tell I worked in a games shop ha ha.

The first red dead was quality, capcom started it then binned the project, rockstar brought it and put thier spin on it. You get a good 3rd person shooter with a great theme, but rockstar twisted it up a bit adding a more depth to characters.

If your digging out ps2s buy blaze cables off eBay (the gold plated ones) they’re cheap as now but were RRP £29.99 on launch. They really clean the picture up and you can connect direct to an amp via AUX, some of the later ones have a g-con socket too.

racefaceec90

have just thought of this game (have never played it,but always wanted to) looks fantastic 😀 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKu1YT1vR_4[/video]

Cougar

RDR is for current-gen consoles, should’ve said (and is tremendous).

Never played Red Dead Revolver (its sort-of-predecessor), but I might see if I can track that down.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘what are your favourite ps2 games?’ is closed to new replies.