Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • What are your bike related goals for 2010?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Just curious to see if anyone is planning big things for 2010 on the bike?

Could be anything-More riding, epic adventures, try a new style, get fitter, more events, more new kit/bikes, less events, less new kit?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Torridon in Scotland is high on my list (again) for 2010 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Ride more. That won't be that difficult considering last year was very poor in comparison to previous years. 🙁

lyons
    Free Member

Get fit for the transwales, and then finish it.

Learn to do a 360 on my bmx (aiming low there)

And get a sub 23 minute time on my local club time trial

abs6pk7
    Free Member

get fit…..more speed uphill 😯

dans160
    Free Member

To get brave and good enough to do the Megavalanche in 2011 before I am 40.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

K100, started is sorted (well, entered anyway) and finished, that will be the tricky bit…

lock
    Free Member

do a couple more lessons with jedi,maybe one bmx and one cornering
    do 4x race
    do the 4 afan trails in a day on ss
    do alps and scotland
    keep meeting new friends and seeing old ones on the trails
    keep buying bikes
    maybe try to get me 3rd cat
    get my 10 tt down to 23mins

not sure what im goner do next month yet though

oldgit
    Free Member

Be on the start line of a road race aged 50, like I said I would when I was 16 🙂
    Enjoy a full season of road racing.
    Avoid doing anymore 24s.
    Have a proper pop at some 100K enduros.
    Race some local XCs.
    Visit my mates place in the Alps.
    Move up a few places in the local cross league.
    Not to fall off this year and hurt ones self 😐

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do myself justice at the 'puffer

A two week tour by tandem

A few more big mountain days on the bikes

qcamel
    Free Member

2500 miles on my MTB.. Was on target in '09 until an illness took away 9 weeks of riding in sept/oct, too late to catch up….

Olly
    Free Member

RIDE MORE!

it always is, and i never do.

Also, dabble in MiniDH on the on one 🙂

mcinnes
    Free Member

Enjoy Afan – end of Jan
    try and find time to ride in Scotland again (one morning at glentress in 09)
    learn how to bunnyhope on flats
    see what it feels like to take my 29er ss offroad – currently set up as commuter – when the spring/summer arrives
    fall off at speed more
    spend less time here reading and more out there riding!
    have fun 🙂

MikeWW
    Free Member

Get a top 10 in a Vets cyclocross race
    Do my first road race
    Get a top 50 in the Dyfi
    Do my first chaingang sessions
    Have a go at track cycling
    Enter a few more mountain bike races

tops5
    Free Member

Definitley ride more! My goal is to get fit enough to join a club which will mean more riding.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Increase my power to weight ratio (i.e. lose a bit of weight) and do more multi-day expeditions and hill track exploring. Did some belters in 2009 mind.

mboy
    Free Member

Well I rode a hell of a lot more in 2009 than I did in 2008 (wasn't hard though), so gonna try and keep up the momentum…

Also want to get to a few more places for some proper riding. Managed Afan, Cwm Carn, Llandegla, The Peaks, Swinley, Bristol, Cannock and a lot of local riding in 2009. Hopefully will manage to get to a load more different locations this year… Possibly even a trip abroad again perhaps?

Oh, and get a weekly local ride going, even if it is a short one one evening in the week and for only a few people…

Goz
    Free Member

Just to ride and enjoy.

Smee
    Free Member

To win something and get a record. But more about that later.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

I have entered the Bontrager "torch bearer" in July and Kielder 100 in Sept, so for me it will be enjoying a lot more riding and getting fitter and having more stamina for these two events.

Also just to enjoy feeling healthier and all that i see when out and about on bike! 🙂 It's going to be a great year!!

mybike
    Free Member

Chatel road gap
    DH race

MTFU

the-muffin-man

To ride a century – have done many rides of 80/90 miles but for some reason never quite done the whole 100.

This will be quite a feat for me in 2010 as I haven't touched the bike since May and did my first – very hard!! – 10 miles yesterday!

robgarrioch

Just to maintain / slightly improve fitness (back to more road riding) & have great fun riding.
    Am also resolving to visit my folks more often, which, as they stay a (long) stones throw from Torridon, should allow a decent couple of rides on 'epic' trails.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

– a good Fred Whitton time
    – the Marmotte (again)
    – 200 miles in a day

mountainposture

Ride more – last year's total was more than the previous three which, although still modest, is good.
    Ride more like I did when I was 14 😆 maybe doing another skills course which helped a great deal last year
    Learn more about bike maintenance again building on this year
    Keep loving it.

scotabroad

I am seriously toying with the idea of completing the Keilder 100. Which for me would be a monumental goal for mr middle age spread at well over 18st, and doing very little riding at the moment. But I found when I entered HTN in 2007 with Ton that I really upped my riding when I had an event to think about.

I know the Keilder 100 is a tough event so any other lardy desk jockeys on here fancy targetting this one?

racefaceec90

to ride my new stumpy a lot.get fitter and learn to bunnyhop/wheelie take drops e.t.c.

shoei
    Free Member

Get a bike and ride. Say "Sod it" to my illness and enjoy myself knowing full well that a days ride will leave me feeling like crap.

Wookster

Transwales ride it all finish it time each day and get to the end of it in one piece well maybe two!

Get fit for the above, proper fit not razz about in the wood for a laugh fit!

Keilder 100

And do the selkirk merida with my wife her first merida!!

See my son ride his first bike! (best one I think!!!!) 😀

GaryLake
    Free Member

Finish bonty 24 solo…

metalheart
    Free Member

Ride more, a LOT more…
    Get fit, lose weight
    Regain skills/learn some new ones
    Go back to Colorado in the summer and hopefully ride the Leadville 50.
    Enjoy my bikes.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Ride more work less

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘What are your bike related goals for 2010?’ is closed to new replies.