• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by momo.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What are you folks wearing on the chilly mornings/nights?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Calm down, you’re not on my fantasy list.
    Just curious on staying warm without overheating.

Had my LS jersey, thin base layer and mtb shorts. Felt snug.

My nose and cold air in my lungs was like sitting in an aircon car on max cooling during winter.

Thinking just allow some adaption and buy pink ear muffs.

Ben_H

Regular MTB shorts over bib tights, with a light shell over a merino long sleeve on top. The full finger gloves have also come out.

whitestone
    Free Member

This time of year it tends to be chilly in the morning but OK in the evening so: short sleeved top with arm warmers and gilet on the way in, just the short sleeved top on the way home. Needs to get a bit chillier before I use leg warmers.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Long sleeve merino base layer with a windproof jacket on top, Endura Singletrack 3/4 baggies, long finger gloves. When it get’s a bit colder I’ll add a buff under my helmet but that setup pretty much does me for winter. If it was really cold I’d add some bib tights but since that probably means ice it’s unlikely I’d be on the bike then.

fifeandy
    Free Member

I’m wearing a onesie made of printouts of this weeks STW threads about clothing for autumn/winter.
    Plenty warm and windproof, but chafes a bit and doesn’t breath very well.

perchypanther
    Free Member

OP – Put on a few stone of blubber. That’ll keep you toasty. 😉

shortcut

thermal 3/4 bib knicks and baggies if I am off road. Vest, roubaix or windproof jersey. And then add extra if needed. I also have toe covers on the road shoes and less vented shoes/boots on the mtb.

I also wear windproof gloves or thermal ones and a buff to keep my head warm.

ferrals
    Free Member

tights, base layer and ss jersey.

and ear warmers like these in the morning

jonba
    Free Member

Buff to geep your ears warm. Can also pull it up over your face to keep your nose warm. Can also take it off and wrap it around the wrist or put in a pocket if it warms up.

Bit of a tricky one at this time of year as in the morning going downhill it is freezing but then I cycle uphill home in the evening carrying most of what i wore in the morning.

momo

Jeans, hoody and a wooly hat this morning, can’t be bothered with proper kit for the short ride into work.
    Tomorrow morning though will probably be roubaix 3/4 bibs and long sleeve top with a short sleeve base layer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What are you folks wearing on the chilly mornings/nights?’ is closed to new replies.