Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • What are you doing today?
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Im having a rare day off today so heading to Simonside forest in Rothbury trail spotting.

Real reason is to knacker the dog out before tonights fireworks, he hates them being a failed gundog. The Mrs went off to work this morning and me and the dog had a lie in.

So me and springer having a bonding day.

Loving it so far.

Any one else dossing around?

Hohum
    Free Member

Sort of dossing around at the moment, but I do have an interview at 1pm today, so I will be driving over to Glasgow later this morning.

Wish me luck!

user-removed
    Free Member

Poor failed gundog 🙁

I’m packing for another week in Scotland getting paid to climb about in hills taking photos. It’ll be a lonely week though 🙁

richmars

Been off work all week. Zero cycling, lots of painting of walls.

BigJohn

Just about to go out for a little ride on Cannock Chase before the rain starts as i was working last night and didn’t get my usual Thursday night ride in.

I’ve just gone back to SPDs after a summer of flatties, so let’s see if putting the clears as far back as they will go stops my ankle aching on rocky descents.

crashdummy
    Free Member

Doing to decorating – applying for a few jobs and hopefully going for a ride later (if anybody is out around Surrey Hills this afternoon look out for me crashing).

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Well Cbeebies is on the telly and I’m weaving, which means I’m actually stopping Lilgrips from taking everything in the house out of it’s actual spot and placing it on the floor or under the sofa cushions…

nuke

A little cycle around the Surrey Hills once I’ve swapped forks on the PA…looks like it’s stopped raining for now

bigbob38
    Free Member

sitting in bed, drinking tea, looking at STW on the laptop – I find it helps me recover from my Thursday night rides… 😉

Torminalis
    Free Member

Sick, wheezing chesty cough, think it may be a chest infection, going to the doctors. Rubbish.

beamers

I’m at “work” which is insanely slow at the moment. I’ll be rounding the week off by lurking on here and developing RSI in which ever digit I use to refresh the forum.

yunki
    Free Member

My other half is delivering a very extravagant wedding cake this morning.. the culmination of 3 days of blood.. sweat and tears.. so I’m watching over ther nipper..

After lunch I’m cycling off to visit a mate at his workplace.. where he has discovered over a kilometer of delapidated and rotting but well constructed northshore in the woods behind the property he’s working on.. we’re gonna have a good look at it and then find the landowner/constructor and see if he wants it rebuilt over winter..

meehaja
    Free Member

Been off for 2 weeks and 2 more to go. Just sitting round the house, playing xbox, sitting on here, playing guitar etc.

Just burnt my fingers eating hard boiled eggs. That is the highlight of my day.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I’m having a day off today in lieu of lots of extra hours worked. I’m going to buy a hair cut, have lunch out, go for a bike ride and then cook dinner for friends tonight. But first I have to drink some more tea while still in my dressing gown 🙂

TheFlyingOx

I’ll be trying to install Ubuntu on an old laptop with no CD/DVD drive and no option to boot from USB.
    Any ideas, other than stick the HDD in a more current computer?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Chilling out today …. Rode from Ambleside yesterday in the worst rain/floods with two mates for 4 hours. Wet ? yes very, but we had the trails all to ourselves (even the flooded sections) .

emsz
    Free Member

Still in pjs grinning like loon after breakfast in bed. Planning trip to do gap ride this w/e.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Gymboree class this morning, nap this afternoon. Had his 1st jabs jesterday so he’s not feeling great, we didn’t have much sleep last night.

Milkie
    Free Member

Are any of you guys working!

Backing up here at work, getting a couple of technical drawings finished, then going for Chinese at lunch and be home for 3.

darrell
    Free Member

just complaining about the (lack of) speed of this website

iDave
    Free Member

I’m having another coffee. Making life affirming/changing decisions. Cleaning the shed out to find the turbo trainer. Having another coffee. Reading about that stuff.

Drac

Just woke up after a post nigh shift nap. Off to Morpeth soon I think with Mrs, plan to make the most of the next 2 weeks off. First though a couple of work related phonecalls after that it’s a strict no contact rule this time.

s1m0n
    Free Member

Unfortunately working today, but it is my youngest’s 3rd birthday!
    Just given a presentation on the riveting subject of pensions, about to head to a meeting, but not sure what about and hopefully a quiet afternoon before the cycle home.

tomsk01
    Free Member

Got the day off as its raining, so having a boring day of house chores and catching up on paperwork before going to see Stanton Warriors at Thekla this eve 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I was going for a lunchtime spin, but the heavens opened and I store the bike in a flat that’s on the market, so opted for the drier side of caution.

Otherwise I am re-organising files. 🙁

catfood
    Free Member

Had a couple of hours spin around Swinley.

grim168
    Free Member

Gisburn this morning and ps3 f1 this afternoon.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Just got back from Whinlatter. The weather was pretty grey, but amazingly it only started raining once I got back to the car which was lucky for me.

maxray
    Free Member

Ye gods no one works on this forum!

I have mainly been doing print and web ads but have some fireworks planned and a few beers later.

Hohum
    Free Member

Well I had my interview earlier and I think that it went pretty well, should find out if I am successful or not next week.

I have been thinking about this more and although the money is less than what I was earning before the role really interests me and the the two that interviewed me seemed to really like the company and said it was a great place to work.

I have had little job satisfaction for 2 years now and I would be willing to sacrifice some salary to be happy in a job again 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I took the day off and had planned to do a 73 mile road ride from
    Kinross. It poured the whole way and ended up bailing after 50, with puddles in my shoes. Took what looked like a good option to get back to the car, only to fund it was a hilly route. Glad I went out as I have that good feeling now 🙂

Alpha1653

Spending 3 days gambling from 8am to 11pm. Currently £50 down and going strong!

stayhigh

I’ve been on nights this week and instead of haviing a snooze have spent all day waiting for new tyres to be delivered. Stupid couriers…

jd-boy
    Free Member

Setting the course for the first round of the Whyte Winter Enduros Thetford this Sunday

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘What are you doing today?’ is closed to new replies.