Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What are Yeti 575's like?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

As above, i'm looking at bidding on one and wondered if there are any 575 owners on here and what their thoughts are?
    Is a medium going to be ok for me? 5ft 11" and 32" inside leg?

The frame design with that cut out looks well… different is it proven?

Sorry for the daft questions but was going to get an Orange 5 and this looks like it could do the job of my love for rough technical trail centers 🙂

Answers on a postcard please.

Hadge
    Free Member

The Yeti 575 is a very very nice bike and the size you've picked will be fine. They do come up large for the stated sizes as I had a medium and could have got away with a small really. They handle well, have really good geometry (means relaxed) and is a proper all-day bike that will tackle most stuff with aplomb. I had a Turner 5 Spot and Intense 5.5 and hoped the 575 was the bike that had the best bits of those two fine bikes and all in a single package but it wasn't. That said it's a very good bike that won't disappoint you. I'm back to riding a 5 Spot, an old HL model which I find is a slightly better UK trail bike – at least in my opinion. The Orange 5 is just as good and it all comes down to which you like the look of.

Rorschach
    Free Member

"rough technical trail centers"-shirley a mishtake 😐

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

orange 5 = Ugly, 575 = AWESOME!! Get one, cracking bike! 😆

DezB
    Free Member

is it proven?

Ha! Check Yetifan.com for a bit of history.

I've had mine years and even if I had the money for a new bike I wouldn't replace it. Bloody fab it is.

Hadge
    Free Member

Mine was one of the first in the UK but I think the proper Team colours that are available now are much better than the older ones.

retro83
    Free Member

Nice looking frame

have they solved the problem with the chain/seat stays cracking?

scruzer
    Free Member

mine looks like this… 2007 M frame, with current kit

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Mine's like Scuzzer's…but not as bling. Great bikes,as are Orange 5s. They're wasted in trail centres,come into their own in the Peaks/Lakes. Flatter my lack of ability.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Love mine, all day, do it all bike.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Personally I'd get a meta 5 or a spicy.

yetiguy
    Free Member

cracking bike, if you are on the heavy side avoid the carbon rear

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I had an older one and it's a great looking bike but I did find it used to blow through the travel easily (RP23) despite loads of tinkering with pressures I could never get it both plush and avoid pedal strikes

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Heres mine too!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What are Yeti 575's like?’ is closed to new replies.