Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What are they called, and where can i get some???
  • Fagus
    Free Member

On the top tube my brake cable runs through a couple of guides, but being smooth they tend to move back and forwards in the guides. Keeps getting pulled out by my knee – yes I know poor riding style! One of my bikes has conical, cylindrical gromets that slip over the cable and push into the guides to stop this happening.

Anyone know what these things are, and what they are called. Where can I get a couple?

brant
    Free Member

“conical cylindrical grommets”

Fagus
    Free Member

From where?

brant
    Free Member

Duh!

The conical cylindrical grommet shop!

I’m sorry – can you send a pic and I’ll see what I can do.

theflatboy
    Free Member

while we’re talking stupid questions for cable routing, i need to get some zipties for my new build’s brake hoses and while this no doubt seems ridiculous, i don’t know what’s the right size so i can order them…

any enlightenment, sarcastic or non-, welcome!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

nip down b&q and have a look, just get thin ones and you’ll be fine

Fagus
    Free Member

while we’re talking stupid questions for cable routing

You’re the one talking stupid, as most of your posts seem to be. You’re not Rude Boy under a different name are you? Idiot.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

a zip tie either side works for me.

personaly i prefer to have the cables exposed allong the top tube, theres not that much mud int hat ares, and it stops the cable moving one way or the other.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

conical, cylindrical gromets

I think I know what you’re talking about… And if I’m right I may have a couple in my toolbox.

Drop me an email (In profile) and I’ll have a look tonight
    😀

Olly
    Free Member

wrap the ferrule in leccy tape to make it bigger

theflatboy
    Free Member

You’re the one talking stupid, as most of your posts seem to be. You’re not Rude Boy under a different name are you? Idiot.

pardon?

ok, sorry for dragging you into my pit of stupidity – your question was excellent, mine was stupid. apologies.

Fagus
    Free Member

PP, thanks for that. YGM

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What are they called, and where can i get some???’ is closed to new replies.