Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What are the real, meteorlogical chances of a prolonged hot summer?
  • Kryton57

Just asking, yes really?

maccruiskeen

How many prolonged hot summers can you remember? Divide that by the number of bad summers you remember then half it again for things always seeming to be better when you were younger. Then add six to build your hopes up so they can be dashed later

jam-bo

you’ve got more chance of picking the right lottery numbers.

twice.

Nobby

sparkyspice
    Free Member

3 rubbish years just gone by, so surely we’re due a decent one?
    Our Hot Air Ballooning business flew 122 times in 2007, but only 47 times last year… It would be nice to think that we could have a decent one.

Hohum
    Free Member

1976, 1995, 2003, 2006.

About once every 9 or 10 years 😕

Mind you, a lot also depends where you live in the country.

Kryton57

Not looking good then is it? Sigh….

CountZero

Could start a rumour that there’s so much water around there won’t be any droughts for five years… 😀

Kryton57

Don’t be silly, they haven’t plugged the leaks yet.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Southern Water are claiming that their supplies are ‘nearly topped up’.

Guess what will happen now?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have a feeling in my waters that we’ll have a corking hot summer this year.

Mark my words.

You heard it here first.

I base my scientific analysis on nothing more than my finger nails are growing at an extraordinary rate.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Late last year I heard that North Atlantic sea surface temperatures corresponded with wet summers. Warmer water has more evaporation and what goes up must come down. Usually over us. Hence global warming means we’re getting less and less likely to have a good summer.

djglover
    Free Member

I predict a warm May, followed by 2 months of monsoonesq rain, followed by a 2 week pleasant spell in August.

By the end of July you will be used to the weatherman saying ‘showers’ 58 times per report.

andrewh
    Free Member

The residents of Lochaber will tell you they’ve just had one.

jota180
    Free Member

23/1 against with a fiver free bonus if you sign up today

bokonon
    Free Member

Metcheck have a nice page on weather singularities – not a forecast as such, just vague trends which tend to take place: http://www.metcheck.com/UK/singularities.asp

john_drummer
    Free Member

chances of a warm dry summer on a small, slightly hilly island at the eastern edge of a large ocean where the prevailing weather systems tend to travel from west to east? that’ll be huge then

maxtorque

sparkyspice

Our Hot Air Ballooning business flew 122 times in 2007, but only 47 times last year…

Have you considered branching in to Cold Air Ballooning instead? Surely that’ll have more opportunities to fly?? 😉

busydog
    Free Member

Probablly pretty likely if you want to join me here in New Mexico, USA—chances are you would have dry trails most of the time as well (less than 4 inches of rain in 2012).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What are the real, meteorlogical chances of a prolonged hot summer?’ is closed to new replies.