• This topic has 20 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What are the odds of this?
  • rob2
    Free Member

Genuinely wonder what the odds of this are.

Travel to London today for a meeting.

Get the bakerloo line to charing cross. A woman in a purple coat sits opposite me.

Then I come home at about 7 on the circle line from st James. At Victoria the woman with the purple coat gets on and sits opposite me, gets off at notting hill.

What’s the chance of seeing the same person twice in a day on your tube journey?

1 in 7 million?

JCL
    Free Member

Glitch in the Matrix. Carry on.

jam-bo

What are the odds on two identical threads about a woman in a purple coat

thepurist

Twice in one day? Deffo a stalker.

LHS
    Free Member

I thought that once on a subway in New York, then realised it wasn’t a coincidence as I was bundled into the back of a car as I exited the next station.

Cougar

The odds of someone commuting to and from the same place you are at around the same time? Pretty high I’d imagine. I used to see the same cars regularly when I commuted into Manchester.

How many people do you see on a daily basis who you never see again?

CountZero

Probably about the same as going up to the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, spending several hours walking round it, then seeing a close friend from home sitting outside with his missus having something to eat.
    It’s that syncronicity thing, innit.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Meanwhile on PurpleCoatTrackWorld

What are the chances of this?

Travel to London today for a meeting.

Get the bakerloo line to charing cross. A bloke sits opposite me and keeps staring at me.

Then I come home at about 7 on the circle line from Victoria the disgusting pervert is there again staring at me. I swear he was trying to look up my skirt. Anyway, I was freaked out, so got off at notting hill.

rewski
    Free Member

You’re sure it wasn’t a reflection?

rob2
    Free Member

She was quite attractive 😉

Double post from refreshing my phone on the tube after losing reception.

Cougar

What are the odds on two identical threads about a woman in a purple coat

Good spot.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Pretty high IMO. Lots of people try and sit in the same place every time. Probably more prevalent on commuter trains (mrs_flap and her chums always sit in the same places) and gets to crazy levels in works car parks (I once saw a fist fight over someone parking ‘In MY space!’)

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

To be fair, that is a bit of a freaky coincidence…

however

I once worked with a guy in Australia, then 2 years later, bumped into him on in the crowds at Picadilly circus.

Not sure if it’s enough to question the nature of our existence, but it gets you thinking…

dannyh
    Free Member

Had a similar experience just over ten years ago. Got on a train at Loughborough going to st pancras on a Sunday night. Sat opposite two lads who were a bit ‘random’. One looked a bit foppish, the other was wearing army surplus or suchlike. They were thirty at the oldest. They played Fleetwood Mac on some kind of player and had obviously had a few bevvies or a spliff or two.

Anyway, on the Wednesday evening following I was changing tubes at Green Park and nearly walked straight into the army surplus one as I walked out onto a platform. We recognised each other, and were both a bit weirded out.

tonyg2003

Odds? Getting a seat twice on the underground twice in a day? Pretty high.

Bregante

Went on holiday to cyprus. Met a family from sunderland who were in our hotel. Never exchanged numbers or owt like that. Never discussed future holiday plans either
    That winter went skiing at christmas. Met same family in our hotel.
    Now THAT is spooky.

jambourgie
    Free Member

So, the woman in the purple coat. Was she hot?

matt_outandabout

Pics or it did not happen. 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Meh.
    Did a road race in Majorca and lining up on the start line, an old lady said ‘Where have you come from?’ to my mate.
    He lived two doors away from her, in the NW of England.

wiggles
    Free Member

Was waiting for a flight in a Spanish airport and saw one of my best mates from school, still live in the same place just not seen each other for years then meet in Spain…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What are the odds of this?’ is closed to new replies.