Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What are the current winter boot faves?
  • IHN

I fancy some Defrosters as the Shimano fit suits me, but am I right in thinking that they’re not that warm?

Other than that, I guess it’s the usual Shimano/Northwave suspects?

wwaswas

I orderd some Lake MXZ302’s a week ago. I’m sure when they arrive they’ll be the best ones I have.

Bregante

Defrosters are specialized, not shimano. I have them and whilst they’re not the warmest, they are pretty good at keeping water out.

IHN

Defrosters are specialized, not shimano

Of course they are, that’s what I meant. Eejit I am

To be honest, I suppose that can I can make any boots warmer by buying them bigger and wearing warm socks, it’s keeping water out that I’m most interested in, especially around the ankle.

z1ppy

MW80/1’s which are shimano’s, get a lot of love, if you can’t afford Lakes MXZ’s… I know mine are better than my old NW Celcuis (non-artic)

Bregante

They’re fIne for that mate. Nice wide fit and go up a size, allows loads of room for some thick Merino. I’ve been out on sodden wet trails this morning and they performed admirably. (which is more than I can say for my own riding today. I was shite)

samuri
    Free Member

NW Celcius are totally awesome as far as I’m concerned. You need to fit appropriate socks in winter though but that goes for any boot.

MrTall
    Free Member

I have the Defrosters and they’ve been fine although i still get cold feet in the very cold but maybe not as cold as they would be without winter boots?

I can’t size up and wear 2 pairs of socks as i’m already in a size 48.

They seem snug and comfy and i have no complaints, they’re certainly warmer than the other normal cycling shoes i have and they seem pretty waterproof as well. I’ve also just about managed to fit in an extra insulating insole (one of the cheapy silver jobbies) to try and help a bit more as well but can’t say i’ve noticed a huge difference.

hock

No experience with those winter boots but if your priority is on warm and dry feet get some neoprene overshoes!

For me they work really well. At the end of a ride I might have slightly damp feet (from sweat more then from rain/spray) but they are warm!

And I ride them with normal cotton socks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What are the current winter boot faves?’ is closed to new replies.