• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Joe.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What are the Conti Vert Pro of disc brakes?
  • IHN

I’m considering leaving my trusty BB7s and venturing once again into the world of hydro disc brakes.

Which are the best, no nonsense, just work, no effing about ones out there? XT?

badbob
    Free Member

Deore, or if you want shiny, XT

fuzzhead
    Free Member

As above, Deore or XT. Or if you want eyeball-popping, go Zee 😉

bonchance
    Free Member

IF you meant: brakes everyone use to use – but now does not – and mumbles about how lethal the basic rubber was now they use the sticky/expensive stuff? 🙂

So many points of view – all are valid!

On a more helpful note SLX seems to be the intersection of value and performance right now from vendors like Rose or Merlin (need to find the current good deal of course)..

richmtb

Shimano of the flavour to fit your budget. You can’t really go wrong

nbt

If you like digital braking then shimano. I like hope brakes as they offer a bit more modulation and if they do go wrong you don’t have to bin them and buy new

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

SLX

badbob
    Free Member

new shimanos are great, tbh, a bit “digital” but you then realize, you need the lightest of pressure to stop

Deore’s are a bargin

IHN

I’m slightly reticent to go the Hope route, as that’s what I had last time and I found them to be a ball ache, I was constantly sorting sticking pistons, wobbly levers, bleeding them. It was that FAFF that pit me on to BB7s in the first place.

That was with Mono Minis though, I guess they may have moved on quality wise since then.

Joe

If you are a Conti Vert Pro user, the only choice for you is XT brakes. The sensible man would never choose brakes which run with dot fluid. Its too corrody and messy when bleed time comes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What are the Conti Vert Pro of disc brakes?’ is closed to new replies.